TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 Explorer engine with the all plastic intake. There is one nipple on the front (driver side) of the intake and another at the rear (passenger side) of the intake. I was planning to remove the front nipple and replace it with the temp sensor from the T-bird engine. When I try to unscrew it, the piece that the nipple is screwed into spins, so I cannot remove it.
Then I noticed that the rear nipple doesn't seem to go anywhere. On the T-bird intake, the nipple is open to a water port on the head. On the Explorer intake it looks blocked off. What's the deal? Where does it run to? How SHOULD I run my heater hoses?:confused:

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
The explorer one is blocked off in the rear. Run your heater line to the one in the front and use a T fitting to install your temp sendor

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any words of advise on how to remove the nipple? If not, does anyone know where I can find a tee with a hole in it for the sensor that would fit inline in the hose?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I would just leave the nipple and get a 3/8 NPT T fitting from Lowes or Home Depot to put inline

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If it's not out of you're budget, you can get a new GT manifold with aluminum cross-over and the pipe nipple in the back is open. I then had the cross-over drilled and tapped for the second temp sender. $163 from Dan Newman at Joe Cooper Ford.

Just another suggestion.
Rob

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
timb said:
I would just leave the nipple and get a 3/8 NPT T fitting from Lowes or Home Depot to put inline
Gee. Home Depot. Who would have thought to look for parts for my car at a home improvement store.

I don't know. That might be too easy. Think you could make it more complicated? </sarcasm>

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
:D

Next lesson grasshopper will be on how to connect a Lightning MAF sensor to an intake tube using a Fernco plumbing fitting :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts