TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW IN THE WORLD!!! do you get the coolant crossover tube out?? In order to move on with disassembly...I must get this off!

I do not want to destroy it.....but if I do, I need to know where to get a replacement...

can anyone help? LOL

4 cam bird?? maybe??

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
FoMoCoSVT said:
...I do not want to destroy it.....but if I do, I need to know where to get a replacement...
Trust me, you don't want to destroy it!!! :leftright :beek:

All you should have to do is remove the two nuts holding it on and pull it up. If it is seized, you might have to soak it down with PB Blaster and let it sit for a while. There are only O-rings that seal it where it goes into the heads.

I've never actually pulled one, but some I've seen are pretty grungy and since its steel and the head is aluminum, it might be chemically welded. :beek:

I'm sure someone else that has more experince on these will chime in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Oh man, I just pulled one of those out of an engine. Like he said, there are brackets on the backside of it, two of them, each one fits over a stud with a nut holding it down. Remove those. Then put a pry bar under it and pry up on it until it breaks loose. Then just wiggle it out. Don't forget to disconnect the temp sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts