TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Tbird AED PI swap
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for someone to port my allen to pi ports. I. Now I have heard that the bottle neck with the allen system is the m90. The pi ports are larger than the npi ports, so is there any real gain to opening my allen to pi? It only going to move as much air as the m90 allows right? Are the runners on the allen restrictive? I

I have the cop provision but it looks to me only the openings can be ported as the "meat" on the runner only looks thick enough the last .5 inches

·
The Parts Guy
7,788 Posts
Opening those ports should provide some improvement, as it reduces the restriction downstream of the blower. Yes, the M90 is undersized for a 4.6L.

·
Registered
1997 Tbird AED PI swap
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Opening those ports should provide some improvement, as it reduces the restriction downstream of the blower. Yes, the M90 is undersized for a 4.6L.
I would agree but if only the last half inch or so is being opened up and in this case the blower itself is the restriction, what or how much restriction would it reduce? Especially if what the runners are going into(PI Ports) are a larger opening than the runners.
For clarification Im not arguing, rather trying to get a better understanding on how this works and to determine how much more effort i need to make to find someone to port these.

·
Registered
1997 Tbird AED PI swap
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shouldn't create any parasitic turbulence then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts