TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made it out to 1/4 mile track today which is 3 hours away. I was hoping and praying for a 12 second pass.

My first pass was a

1.71 60 foot
8.2 1/8
83 MPH

Sadly it was open time trials for the index classes and they only printed the first 1/8th mile even though I ran all the way to the quarter. I know that would have been my twelve second slip. I was so pissed when I got the slip but what can you do.

I did manage one actual quarter mile run but it was quite a bit hotter and I managed a 13.04

I have one more chance in two weeks. Otherwise I have to wait till spring. My teksid block will be in by then I imagine.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn man i would be pissed! have you changed anything since the 13.15 pass?
I have. I got lighter front wheels and lost around 50-60 pounds off the car. I also replaced some bushings that were shot in the rear.

Nitemare,

I ran at ardmore dragway. I am headed to Noble in two weeks. Hopefully I can get my 12 second slip there. I always hook better at ardmore though.

·
Super Moderator
12,415 Posts
Good luck landing that 12.999999999999999

Yea, a 1.7 sixty should have landed you a sub 13 time.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FLAbird, I'm sure nitrous would get me there. That would be to easy though.

Trunk money,

I know it would have been a 12. I did head to the track a week ago try again. I ran 13.02 three times in a row. with a 1.75 sixty foot. I tried letting the car cool down some but then the timing lights messed up and I sat their idling forever. Needless to say the car wasn't cooled down then.

Sigh...March will see some new chances. I bought an electric water pump so maybe I will throw that on.

·
Super Moderator
12,415 Posts
Get some AIS methanol injection. That'll cool things down nicely.

·
Registered
620 Posts
shallow stage the car with the stage lite a lil past a flicker and u will get a 12 sec slip
4.10s or 4.33 wud put u in the rite spot
mike

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shallow stage the car with the stage lite a lil past a flicker and u will get a 12 sec slip
4.10s or 4.33 wud put u in the rite spot
mike
That is what I have been trying to do. The DA was over 1500 the day I ran a 13.02 so I now it will come in march. I have 4.30's but just haven't taken the time to install them yet. Maybe this winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts