TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was doing about 35-40 on my street, and doing my thing around this "S" curve.....not joking, like 5 houses down from me, when my passanger lower balljoint decided to detach its self from the steering stabilizer.... fun ride that was.... it ****'d up alot of stuff.....

here's the damage...
passanger fender
inner wheel well cover
broke the coil spring at the bottom....not a problem in all reality
and a stain on the carpet from me spilling a full can of monster....

but, it could have been alot worse.. ill post pics shortly..

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
ouch....glad to hear your ok...my bushings look a lil worn out too so im hoping to fix those soon, very soon.

get pics up when you can

-Mike

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yeah, thats not a fun one to have happen. I had it happen to in the bird. I was doing about 55 and all of the sudden I heard a loud pop and my front passenger side didn't feel good. I turn off to the side of the road and when I turned I just heard a snap and then the car pretty much clunked to the ground in the front. So I am finally on the shoulder and I get out to look any my wheel is facing 90 degrees. So car facing north / south and wheel, east / west. The balljoint poped out then the tieroad decided to snap in half with it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shawn40th said:
Yeah, thats not a fun one to have happen. I had it happen to in the bird. I was doing about 55 and all of the sudden I heard a loud pop and my front passenger side didn't feel good. I turn off to the side of the road and when I turned I just heard a snap and then the car pretty much clunked to the ground in the front. So I am finally on the shoulder and I get out to look any my wheel is facing 90 degrees. So car facing north / south and wheel, east / west. The balljoint poped out then the tieroad decided to snap in half with it.

WOW, you got lucky then too!!!

SVT2888 said:
Maintenance>Mods
unfortunately true. i ended up finding out later, that both lowers and the passenger upper balljoints were shot. so i just changed them all. im kind of glad that this happened only because i need to consentrate on the suspension

1 - 5 of 5 Posts