TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well im kinda new at this ive had a 85 thunderbird for about 5 years now and well about 2.5 years ago the motor finally went and so me and my father invested in a brand new crate 3.8 ya ya big mistake.........as ive been told but we couldnt find a used one or anything....so any way heres a list of big questions?

1.is it possible to turn my 85 3.8 to carb. and add a supercoupe supercharger to it.
2.if possible what all would i need in general like the most needed parts.
3.what trannys bolt up to the 3.8 i mean im looking for a 5 spd of some sort.
4.i already know how much work is involved but i have a full car with motor and tranny and ecu i just want something diff. u know be diff and im not expecting to pull big number if possible id like to pull 300-350hp out of it eventually.

·
5,650 Posts
Ford_powered_nissan said:
is it possible to turn my 85 3.8 to carb. and add a supercoupe supercharger to it.
The SC supercharger is a fuel injection setup. Unless you could find a way to fab up your own intake for a carb, I don't see how it would be possible. Actually, I don't see how it would be possible period.
Ford_powered_nissan said:
what trannys bolt up to the 3.8 i mean im looking for a 5 spd of some sort.
You can put an AOD, AODE, and 4R70W behind it as an automatic. The 5-speed T-Birds came with the M5R2 tranny.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The SC engine heads are not the same as as an NA 3.8.
Also the SC uses a forged crank and pistons. I think they may have had forged rods as well.

It would be easier to put a 5.0 in instead.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
SC has a forged crank AND forged Rods.......NOT forged pistons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts