TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just finished my head swap and PI intake swap......my A/C only blows through the defrost vents now no matter what setting it is on....the climatecontrol does work (when I turn the temp down it blows colder etc etc) so I know I got that sensor grounded properly. Any ideas or htoughts....please respond with anything.

Cassidy

BTW: I've now put the thunderback into thunderbird.....shes a rocket

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My first thought would be to check you vacuum lines... the temp is controlled by electric motor, but I think the panel/defrost/feet selection is controlled by vacuum...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats quite right...i forgot that...i did have all the vacuum lines off....does anyone have a vacuum line chart or diagram....that would help immensely

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
same thing happened to me man when i broke this little gray vaccum distribution type think up under the cowl. i dont have a diagram but if its the gray thing that the vaccum lines are off i can kinda explain how theyre routed. let me know if this is where they're disconnected.

Frank

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
ya.. check under your hood Loopy :D

one of the labels shows the vacuum route.. not REAL accurate.. but close maybe?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhhhh.....the obvious bite me in the a$$

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Try putting a vacuum gauge on it?

·
Registered
291 Posts
yah well here it comes to NO.LA. just intime for my move in party.... jeezus I might have to go to Dallas for a week or two.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with nicest regards please keep posts on topic....still can't figure out the vacuum problem....

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
u doublechecked everything like EGR? etc?

i know i forgot to bolt egr back on hehehe.. couldn't figure the whistle until i saw it vibrating.. went.. oops :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep I've double checked everything and triple checked the vacuum lines.......what I am thinking is that because of the PnP, PI intake, and PI cams, the base vacuum level has now been lowered so that there isn't enough vacuum to close or ope the baffles anymore????? anyone have any thoughts on that hypothesis.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I don't know about the PnPing, but everything (including the brakes) works fine on my '95 with the Exploder (PI) swap...

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The grey vacuum hose that comes out of the firewall on the passenger side, by the A/C evaporator lines is probably leaking somewhere or not hooked up. Hook it up to manifold vacuum, or a vacuum gauge to double check this. Pnp shouldn't decrease your vacuum, as far as I know. Let us know what you find out.
-Rob

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ttt

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
doesn't anybody have a cd or hard copy of the EVTM for a 97?
he has to get this done before Hurricane JEANNE hits!:eek: (i wish I was joking)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there is a gray vacuum hose that comes out of the firewall and goes to a "tee" of sorts then a black line goes from there into my fenderwell on the passenger side....the bottom of that tee has nothing attached to it. I will post a pic later...but i have noe vacuum lines left over after the headswap and I checked all thelines and can't here or feel a leak. I went to ford for a diagram and they couldn't produce one. If anyone has a detailed vacuum hose diagram please respond. thanks

Cassidy

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
loopyj22 said:
there is a gray vacuum hose that comes out of the firewall and goes to a "tee" of sorts then a black line goes from there into my fenderwell on the passenger side....the bottom of that tee has nothing attached to it. I will post a pic later...but i have noe vacuum lines left over after the headswap and I checked all thelines and can't here or feel a leak. I went to ford for a diagram and they couldn't produce one. If anyone has a detailed vacuum hose diagram please respond. thanks

Cassidy
is the tee gray? long and round and has 3 or 4 barbs for vaccumm lines to attach to? if it is let me know, i can probably help you. i had the same problem like i said in my previous post.

Frank

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its not grey but black and it does have three barbs on it....one goes into the grey vacuum hose going to the firewall, one goes to a black vacuum hose going into the fenderwell (i assume it goes to the reservoir), and one has nothing on it

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
loopyj22 said:
its not grey but black and it does have three barbs on it....one goes into the grey vacuum hose going to the firewall, one goes to a black vacuum hose going into the fenderwell (i assume it goes to the reservoir), and one has nothing on it
i think we're talkin about 2 differnt tee's. the one i'm talkin about is is like right under the middle of the cowl and hs 4 barbs. one has a very thin vaccuum line that goes toward the passenger side, another has a line that go to the brake booster, and one other has a line that attaches tot eh manifold, the 4th is capped off.

the one that has nothing, is it capped off?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts