TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a Donor Car (Tboned 95 4.6 V8 Tbird) and a Dead Car (Blown 3.8l V6 Thunderbird).

Now... how difficult would taking the parts from the 95 and shoving them in the 89 be? I figure I will more than likely need a new hood, at the least.

Keep in mind that Ive got all the parts I should need, being that I have a Donor car.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
You would want to use the entire drivetrain: engine, computer, tranny, prop shaft, rear end, half shafts, etc.

It is recommended to upgrade a V6 car to V8/SC-spec suspension and rear end, because the V6 stuff isn't as good.

The stuff will fit, because an 89 isn't really any different than a '95. But it will be a heckuva lot of work.

Oh yeah, you will not need a new hood.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
"propshaft"?

You must have worked on a British car or two. I haven't seen that since the last time I cracked my Jag repair manual

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I planned on swapping the rear suspension parts at a later date...

The transmission will of course, be swapped with the motor. Just that right now... I need a running vehicle more than anything. Im not an idiot, so I wont be hammering the throttle at every light... at least until I get the V8 in there. ;)

BTW... getting a complete (albeit Tboned) car for 300bux RULES.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
timb said:
"propshaft"?

You must have worked on a British car or two. I haven't seen that since the last time I cracked my Jag repair manual
Nope...I dunno what I was thinking either...oh well

driveshaft...there...all better...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts