TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when I am in drive and stopped I can hear a whine from the engine. I have come to the conclusion that it is my alt. Its a 130 amp alt. I noticed when I turn my headlights on or my driving lights, the whine gets louder. When the car is in Park, there is no whine at all. I don't know why it does this. Do I have to up grade that wiring for the alt? I have it connected directly to the battery with a thicker wire and thats it. Thanks for the help.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
engine noise coming from the alternator.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I left the car on in drive with the e brake on to listen to the noise. It really seems like its coming from the alt. In front of the car you cant hear it that much, but once your inside the car you can here it. It just doesnt make sense that you hear it in drive at idle, but not in park at idle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too dude, sory but Ive been through this 3 times now, 3rd under warrenty thank god, but Id check that I thought it was my alt the first time and it was BOTH but 2nd & 3rd were ps pump:hitit:

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe now that it is the power steering pump. I can hear the noise change as I am turning the wheel. But one more question. Since it is on its way out, would it make my car stall when I am turning the wheel? Sometimes when I turn the wheel it almost stalls so I have to pause, then continue. Thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you wanna be sure of where a noise on your engine is coming from, grab a long screwdriver and put the driving end on the part you suspect. Put your ear to the handle. It works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts