TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little confused. I'm in the process of doing an Explorer swap. I'm not sure if I can use the bracket on the explorer engine or do I need to get the 1W7E 10153 EA altenator bracket? If I just use the explorer bracket, can I use the altenator off the explorer or will I use the one of my '97?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i didnt use one. You can get the all composite PI manifold spec bracket. But it wont be bolting to the alternator, more of a position for theee plug wires o be secured.

·
Registered
940 Posts
There is a correct bracket that will bolt up to the alternator/intake, part # F8AZ10153EA, I got mine for $7.52 list is $12.23

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Unless theres a spot on the alternator to bolt it to theres no use for it. When i did my PI intake swap i didnt use the braket.

-Matt-

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, is that bracket the same that would come on an PI intake with the aluminum crossover? I think my '04 explorer motor came with an altenator.

Would like to know, if I need to get this bracket before I start swapping out stuff.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Nick said:
OK, is that bracket the same that would come on an PI intake with the aluminum crossover? I think my '04 explorer motor came with an altenator.

Would like to know, if I need to get this bracket before I start swapping out stuff.
Yeah F8AZ10153EA is the one used for pi intake with aluminum crossover. But if your motor came with an alternator it might use a different one, because the alternator on a tbird is different than the one on the explorer (not sure what is different, but most likely housing and the electrical connectors).

·
Registered
563 Posts
You CAN use the explorer alternator, I did the swap and used the stock alt from my bird, then 2 weeks later my alt died when i was driving home from work. Franticially bolted up the explorer alt and to my great appreciation it works no problems. Still using it actually. The only diff is the lack of the small plug connection on the alt, the pulley works with the belt and everything, I just dont have that little 2-wire plug connected, i wrapped it away from the alt. The explorer alt is very simple to bolt on too, you can thread the bolt in part way and just set the alt on the bolts and tighten it up, 5 min job. Has worked for almost 5 months no problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts