TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Wha, what mod? You mean the LEDs in the rear?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You mean the mod where your front turn signals alternate when you turn on the blinker? That is only supposed to work when the headlights are off. When you turn the headlights on, they work normally.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
tinman_72 said:
You mean the mod where your front turn signals alternate when you turn on the blinker? That is only supposed to work when the headlights are off. When you turn the headlights on, they work normally.
I thought it was the other way around. That's what the tech article says:
Tech Article said:
This system works ONLY if you have the headlighs or parking lights on. When they are OFF (during daytime) the light act normal as they came with the car. You may say that you would like them to blink like that during the day but they have no use in the daytime cause u can hardly see them flashing in the daytime cause the signal is not as strong as if you would light up the brake lights.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Yes, that's the other way around. Mine only alternate with the headlights (or parking lights) on. With the headlights/Parking lights off they both blink at the same time.

Nitefire, you must not have used the right ground wire from the inner lamp or the blinker wire from the outer lamp for it to not work, it's a rather simple circuit, type of wire wouldn't matter.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
LMAO, dont feel bad at all, I did the same thing like 3 years ago when I did mine.That brings back memories of when I first got my 96.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking at my rears to do them today, and I noticed that down each side, as the wire is nearing the blinker, they split. When I cut the electrical tape around the split off one, I saw a brown, black, and white/light orange. The article says to cut white/yellow one. But it also says the wires come from the trunklid... Mine just brach out from the wires heading to the signal. Are those the right ones?

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
The differences could also possibly be different wiring colors between different model years. Your car might not be the same year the Mfr. used for design purposes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts