TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start tearing into my car to put this thing on, and it looks like I won't be able to use the bracket that bolts to the top of the alternator and crossover. Running without this is not an option to me, because I've seen what can happen without it. I'm just wondering what the few others with this intake did about this.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You ever have the install kit that supposedly came with it for Mustangs? I wonder if it even had this bracket in the kit. All I can find so far are about the old SVO foxbody. I could probably just chop up the bracket I have, but I don't know if there would be enough material on it to make it worth any strength.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
You ever have the install kit that supposedly came with it for Mustangs? I wonder if it even had this bracket in the kit. All I can find so far are about the old SVO foxbody. I could probably just chop up the bracket I have, but I don't know if there would be enough material on it to make it worth any strength.
Nope...I had it arrive to me as bare as you got it...I got a couple brackets here from a dude that ripped me off on a PI intake...he threw them in the box and I have no use for them...you can have them if you wanna experiment with them

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got some 1/8" thick steel scrap here, so if my bracket gets FUBAR in the process I'll probably use up some of that. If I start this tomorrow like I'm wanting to, I'll need it done and running by Monday night. I've done 4.6 intakes before, so surely it shouldn't take more than 5 hours if everything goes wrong as usual. Is that a reasonable time?
I can't remember if I've asked you before, but my stock fuel rails will fit around this thing right? And the stock throttle cable will reach? I read somewhere that a Mustang guy couldn't make his throttle cable reach, so I'm just paranoid about running into issues.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Oscar is correct on teh tack weld. My bullitt is the same way. And Oscar are teh Bullitt's and SVO's that different? I know my Cruise cable doesn't reach at all. It needs like a couple more inches to work correctly. I can get it attached but it pulls the throttle plates open. Maybe the SVO is small enough that it works but from the Bullitt guys we have to move the Cruise Control Module. I'm thinking of just cutting the cruise cable and extending it slightly. But for now I'm cool with no Cruise Control haha.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its the simple fact that Cougars are better than Tbirds
Got that right :)
I'm gonna tear into it in a few minutes; I'll post back here if I run into any issues I can't figure out. I just wish I had a chance to road test this tonight to see what difference there will be.. it's been rainy for the past few days, and will be for the next few days.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You wouldn't happen to know the size and thread type I'd need to plug the EGR hole in my exh. manifold, would you?
That, and what should I do about the throttle cable bracket? Right now I have it hooked up but unsecured, and without the spring, so hitting the gas is very effortless right now.

But wow, this was a PITA to cram in. Seemed like everything was in the way, all the time. But now it's running with no problems other than an open exhaust leak from the unhooked EGR, so I haven't had a chance to see how it really runs yet.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Hook the spring back up haha. I can't imagine what would happen if it got stick at WOT. I actually extended my EGR tube and reconnected it. I will say these are nice intakes. But tuning the lower half of the MAF function is a pita. Any throttle even the slightest causes the maf counts to shoot to 400. Got any pictures?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol I don't have a bracket to hook the spring to. The TB has its own return spring built in, so it does return, but that extra spring is the one I'm talking about. And I would make the EGR work but I don't have anything to extend the tube with right now that can withstand 1000 degree gases.
As for tuning, I'm just gonna plug in the LMAF data in the chip and leave it like that for a while. I know some on tuning but I have no way or knowledge to fine tune a MAF curve yet.
I have a few pictures, I'll post them tomorrow if I get a chance to upload them.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
You wouldn't happen to know the size and thread type I'd need to plug the EGR hole in my exh. manifold, would you?
That, and what should I do about the throttle cable bracket? Right now I have it hooked up but unsecured, and without the spring, so hitting the gas is very effortless right now.

But wow, this was a PITA to cram in. Seemed like everything was in the way, all the time. But now it's running with no problems other than an open exhaust leak from the unhooked EGR, so I haven't had a chance to see how it really runs yet.
I just zip-tied the small bracket on the throttle cable to the upper elbow where the throttle bracket is supposed to go...then just hook up the throttle spring to the bolt hole on the small throttle cable bracket

did you use RTV for the coolant ports?

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
It is. I know I made mine back when I ran this intake.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
It is. I know I made mine back when I ran this intake.
If you still have it, I wouldn't mind getting it from you. If not I will fab one up for my car. Yes, my SVO is still not on the car...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so I'm going to have to make a throttle cable bracket and an alternator bracket.. luckily the hole on the alternator is directly in front of the hole on the crossover so that will be simple, and the throttle cable bracket just needs to be L shaped. I've already had to cut new t-stat bolts because my old ones were seized and got rounded off, and I don't have any long enough replacements. Luckily I have some long exhaust hanger rod around the same size, and a good Snap-on die kit..
And I still need to do something about the EGR. I have the valve bolted to the intake and the EVR unplugged so it won't open, but I need to find the material to extend the tube since it's only four or so inches away. It's just a steel tube, right?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts