TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 T-Bird Sport and I was wondering what would be better for the alternator replacement. I saw that the replacements I can get are 95amp and the cheapest is 140, I've read about people having them rebuilt for up to 200amps. I was wondering if the rebuilt ones have any bad qualities? Or if I should just get the replacement one and call it done. I'm kind of on a tight budget and the car is dying and a daily driver to/from school, so which is better for the money? I could use some more amps than stock, seeing as how I have a stereo system.
Thanks
Tyler

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you get one from the parts house, it will be rebuilt anyway. I would find a good starter & Alternator shop and have them rebuild it for some higher amps. Rebuilding them is cheaper and doesnt take long either, hour or two and you should have it back. Good luck.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
just go to the jy and get a 130 amp from 94+. should only be about $50, and some come with limited warranties.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input but it turned out not to be the alternator, just not sure what it is yet. lol
Thanks
Tyler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts