TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I'm soory if I sound stupid or whatever but I'm 19 and pretty much new to cars and I was looking to *upgrade* my 97 V8 Bird so I was looking at some chromed alternators like this one http://www.autopartsway.ca/acp/index.cfm?ID=SBvh~PGpd~MK18~MD1664~YR12~CT11~SC46~PT2061884 It's a 200 amp alternator and I'm fairly sure my original only has 130 so I was wondering if I buy this alt. could it make any damage to my car? Is there anything I should know before buying an alt.? Thanks guys and soory for my english :tongue:
Powermaster Alternator
Part # P6647764
Brand: POWERMASTER
Application: 1994-1997 Ford Thunderbird
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
"POWERMASTER ALTERNATOR, NATURAL FINISH -- 200 Amps Output, Internally Regulated, Designed For An OE Look, Delivers High Output To Weight Ratios, Offers Low Drag And High Speed Bearings, With Proof Of Performance Tag, Includes Serpentine Pulley, Bracket Not Included"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you think you need a higher output alternator?
It's not really the fact that I want a higher output alternator it's more the fact that I want a chromed one. I bought chromed valve covers the alt. is next but I just realized that in the description it says natural finish... I don't know, maybe I could bring a natural finish alternator to a chroming place and theyll be able to do it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
disassembling the 3G is pretty easy, then you can prep the case as you like and take it to a coatings shop to have it coated however you like. take it home, reassemble, and done.

·
Registered
811 Posts
they still use the same alt. I believe, and that alternator looks to have the same mounting tabs as a 96/97.

and I would highly doubt its "high output" claim....but it's hard to say, you would need to see if the guts have been upgraded, it doesn't look like the stock purpleish colour windings, so it could be better.

that's still pretty expensive though if you just want chrome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts