TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
pretty damn sweet
where can i get em ?
and if i can't is there any way i can get original size of the kit so i can make my own sum other way
thnx.....

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
looks good :D did you have them lazer cut or something? I'm assuming you had to have them made for you. Maybe i should ad those to your page. Also did you ever get what you were waiting for in the mail, i haven't heard?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Dude, that dash is pretty sweet! I like it a lot, how much did it run you?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had them made through a local hot rod shop dealer. He had them lazer cut. They are 100% aluminum. It was hard to put them on though. People sell the brushed aluminum kits out there, but it doesn't look as good as the real stuff. Scott I did get it in the mail, just took forever.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the stick on overlay thing..

But yours do look good. To me the aftermarket kits are cheap looking and after a while start peeling off. How much did they cost to have made?

Next week there will be no more open spot on the dash. The W&S Motorsports Atlanta info panel will go there giving me FrankenCougies vital signs (ECT,IAT,TOT,MLPS state,TC locked or not, Fuel pressure, oil pressure, HEGO voltage, and more)

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Dr. Frankencougie, PLEASE tell me how to get or build an info panel like the one your described. The only thing I didn't see you list that I want is a gear indicator. One that tells you what gear the transmission is in as it shifts while you drive. You know, R 1 2 3 OD or something like that.

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
i've just started doing it myself on a 93 t-bird. a couple days ago i bought a chrome and carbon fiber automatic shift knob and put that on. and then went to lowe's and bought an 8x12 piece of aluminum and cut out a plate to go over the place where the shifter indicator and shift knob go. I think it looks pretty sweet. I plan on just doing more aluminum and carbon fiber accents around the place. when i'm done i'll have to get a pic and post it.
-Thomas

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Joe

The info-panel also has a set of 3 remote mounted LEDs that give the folowing:
L or U for locked or unlocked Torque Converter, P R N D 2 1 and what gear the trans is really in {1, 2, 3, OD}. We will be selling them once the EEC Y cable issue gets rectum-fide. It is a very cool setup and should be available soon.

Dr.F

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: Joe

Dr. FrankenCougie said:
The info-panel also has a set of 3 remote mounted LEDs that give the folowing:
L or U for locked or unlocked Torque Converter, P R N D 2 1 and what gear the trans is really in {1, 2, 3, OD}. We will be selling them once the EEC Y cable issue gets rectum-fide. It is a very cool setup and should be available soon.

Dr.F

http://members.tccoa.com/winston/Public/Pict2930a.jpg

http://members.tccoa.com/winston/Public/Montage.jpg
Tha's really sweet. Any prices?

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Can you remove my pic from your reply?

It's very big so i don't thnk we need it posted twice. The price is up in the air right now because we need to have a special cable made. I would figure in the $300-400 range.

-Dr F

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Would it be possible to buy it as sort of a kit so you can solder in your own 7segment LEDs and LCD? Either way, I'm going to have one of those in my car come hell or high water...

·
Registered
29 Posts
that is a sweet read out. what years will it be available for? also will they plug into any other ford products. i have a 93 v6 t-bird and an 85 carburated mustang gt. also does this unit allow for the adjustment of these readings or just monitoring? and as for the overlay thing, i dislike it as well, wood, fiber, or metal. it just doesn't look like it belongs. is that that speckle paint stuff from the crafts section? i have seen entire interiors of that; love the look, but it seems to come off if you breathe on it wrong. have you had this problem (assuming that it is that stuff)?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Hey Dr., think you could offer that readout as a BIY kit? Or maybe let us supply our own LCD and 7segment LEDs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts