TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a Group Purchases / Specials going on over at SCCoA. This will be the second and probably the last run of these made.

Here's the link for the current GP if you're interested.

Here's the link to the first GP that was run to see what they look like.

I passed on the last one but I'm in for a set of black anodized ones! :)

TCCoA is in no way involved in this, I'm just passing this along to anyone that might be interested in a great addition to their car. Any questions you might have, please use the SCCoA link provided.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,363 Posts
Nice! :cool:

Placed my order... :)

·
The Parts Guy
7,341 Posts
Any XR7 guys out there? He will make these with a XR7 design if he can get three orders. I'm in for one set, so we're looking for two others. See the bottom of this post for a picture of the design.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sills

I bought a set of the 1st run- they are awesome, haven't installed them yet- waiting on when I do the paint and the seats before I toss them in with the other bling- but the quality is excellent and worth the money.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Do these tape on? Lol been so long since I looked at my door sills I can't remember what is there factory.

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Screwed in.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I wish these metal ones had a clip on option, I don't want to have any more holes in the body than I have to, it leads to cancer. (Rust) :(
Butyl tape under them, stainless fasteners, no rust to be concerned about. Should be as rust free as the windows.

·
Administrator
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ttt!

Tomorrow is the last day to order these. So if you've been thinking about it, time is running out. Greg says this will be the last run.

Joe

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,788 Posts
Tomorrow is the last day to order these. So if you've been thinking about it, time is running out. Greg says this will be the last run.

Joe
Joe do you know whatever happened to the master-cyclinder cap he was going to make .

·
Administrator
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Joe do you know whatever happened to the master cyclinder cap he was going to make .
I think at the time he made the oil filler caps business was pretty slow, but then picked up when he made the first batch of sills. Hopefully he can get them done sometime. :D

Joe

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
I finally got in on round 2….these thing are completely badass from what I've seen. I ordered the contrast cut black with the bird and "super coupe" style 2. I can't wait to get these bad boys! Some serious BLING for sure!
He recently said the brake reservoir caps are happening….

These are happening for sure. I've wanted this cap since I drew it up last year just got swamped with my motorcycle stuff. The sills won't really take up my time since they've already been proven out and I'm not doing any new designs so I'll set up a couple machines and have some of my guys run them. I actually dusted off this brake cap project a couple weeks ago while i was waiting for the sill order to close. I had to order a custom groove tool to make the original seals to work. My plan is to do a pretty good size run of these and just sell them vs. the pre order way. A small item like this is pretty low cost to put on the shelf. As soon as I finish them I'll post a link to order.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Joe im curious on how the progress is coming along? I ordered the tbird logo no letters in the black contrast. Know these are the last ones to be made with the orders. Name is Matthew Mooney

·
Administrator
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Matt,

You didn't order them from me, check with Slater85 over on SCCoA.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Same here, haven't received them yet. According to the most recent post on SCCoA, he's still finishing up the contrast cut orders.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts