TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 bird with a 4.6. i curently have the motor out of my car and was thinkin wile i was in there i should swap over to an aluminum flywheel and was woundering if anyone made one spicific for a 96 thunderbird for a good price of if i could fit one from a mustang on my motor. any suggestions

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Do you have a manual transmission or an automatic?

I’ve never heard of an aluminum flywheel/flex plate for an automatic transmission.

Aluminum flywheels are used to replace the steel flywheels in a manual transmission setup because the steel flywheels are usually SO heavy.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
just get a performance torque convertor while your in there

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Let us know how that aluminum flywheel works out for you with your automatic transmission.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Let us know how that aluminum flywheel works out for you with your automatic transmission.

you get mad crazy top end with those things!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my chevelle is an automatic and i stuck a aluminum flywheel in it. it made a little bit of a difference figured if i could get one for a good price why not

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
my chevelle is an automatic and i stuck a aluminum flywheel in it. it made a little bit of a difference figured if i could get one for a good price why not
BECAUSE THEY DONT EXIST!. the teeth on our flexplates weigh more than the plate itself.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts