TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
Nope 2 completely different manifolds. The plastic manifolds are comlpletly one piece.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm even more surprised that they're still selling them with the all plastic design. I just bought one off of EBay off of a 2002 GT and it's all plastic. Wonder how long it's gonna last?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
sometime in mid 2002 ford switched over the the alum. version in production, so there are still ALOT of all plastic PI intake out there.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea, definitly stay away from the plastic crossovers. my original intake lasted only 35k.

frank

edit: woohoo 1500 posts. i'm gunning for you greenbird. only 6197 to go.

Frank

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a question.....

What is it with PI intake going for 200 - 400 dollars on ebay.

I have bid on about 20 of them, and I set my max bid right under the 160 shipped, ya can get em for new.

I always get outbid. The auction I lost last night, the intake went for 202.50, and the one before 314.50...

WTF.....

Can't a guy just get a intake, damn!

Dave

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
Man i was bidding on that same auction. I gave up after the $140 mark. Maybe we should start buying these things and selling them. A pi intake would be nice but i think i'm gonna wait and see what happens with that new aluminum intake.

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
i seen a used plastic npi intake go for just over 100 on ebay a while back. If morons are willing to pay that much for garbage like that I know what i'll be doing with my grenading plastic intake down the road

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:

i wish i knew non pi intakes were going for that much. i would have definitly put mine on ebay. instead i sold it here for $50 shipped.

Frank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
I know.......

Some people just want exact swap parts, even if it costs more money I guess.

Dave
yea, i think those prices are still cheaper than what ford is charging for a non pi with aluminum crossover.

Frank

1 - 17 of 17 Posts