TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you all missed the suspension work but soon I will be ordering the replacement headliner material to re-do that and the visors.

I'm seriously considering ordering new leather for the front and rear seats even though the rear is fine. I think I'll get rid of the leather and cloth and go all leather. Not sure about using a contrasting color though. I've got the undescribable color for an interior. Not beige, not grey. Weird neutral. I was thinking of going with a charcoal leather to match the exterior and console and cover the speaker covers with a charcoal cloth just to add more dimension. So far the seat upholstery will cost about aaarrrgggg $900.

Then it'll go off to the body shop for dings and paint. My clear is beginning to go bad on the hood and roof.

I'll have to convince the CFO that putting another $4-5 grand in a $1,200 (KBB price) car makes sense.:D

Long term, add SC or V8 duals to the back leaving the stock resonator on. I don't like the buzzy exhaust sound on the sixes. The only difference is that I like to see the exhaust pipes so they have to go below the bumper, no turn downs for me.

Still cheaper than a new car.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Int. trim code 5A on the door tag. Is there another number for color on the buck tag? Or is 5A enough? I guess the 5 indicates leather/cloth and the A means "titanium". Such an odd color.

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
Heck, 10k into a new looking and smelling car that you love to drive, vs a $20k-$40k pos you hate is a great deal in my book. :)

I need a new interior...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:redmad::redmad:Foiled again. I went to drive to work and I have a huge coolant leak. Over nite while it sat!!

I'll have to check it out after work. The water pump is 2 years old as are the freeze plugs. I'm knocking on wood that it's not the heater core.

Now I'm driving the Ranger without a/c. It crapped out Monday. It's wierd. The clutch stays engaged which under normal circumstances would indicate that the refrigerant is not low. It doesn't cycle on and off. But no cold air. It blows what I would say is luke cool.

Dang it, dang it, dang it.....105 degrees all week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts