TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend wants to buy my old american racing wheels for his 2001 malibu. The bolt patern and backspacing is perfect but the hub rings don't match up. When he tried to get new hub rings the morons at pep boys said that if the wheels came off of a thunderbird they wont fit a malibu. We know tey wll fit because we put them on, we just didnt let the car off the jack because we didnt have the right hub rings. Any ideas on where i can get some rings....i really need to sell these wheels.

·
Registered
890 Posts
most speed shops or tire and wheel places will have hub centric rings.

Pep Boys can order them also, tell them to look in their accessories catalog. The only thing is you would have to pay for overnight shipping, or wait a week to get them.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I suppose this means that wheels for a 2001 malibu will also fit a T-bird? hhhmmmmm.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I'd take any reference to Bow-ties off if they looked good and came at a great price.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Traveler said:
I suppose this means that wheels for a 2001 malibu will also fit a T-bird? hhhmmmmm.
no, if you are referring to stock wheels the hub diameter is different than the hub diameter of a thunderbird. Im referring to aftermarket wheels

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
um the wheels MIGHT bolt onto the car but they are NOT the same bolt pattern. The Malibu uses the Small GM FWD pattern which is 100mm X 5 , the mn-12's are 108mm X 5. The Large GM FWD pattern is 115mm X 5

Unless this is a dual pattern wheel, then nevermind.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Actually the malibu has the 5x115mm bolt pattern. Most wheels that are universal bolt pattern for our cars, the other bolt pattern is 5x115. As for the hub rings, I have run without them on my car with no problems. I have some 18x7 enkei wheels that I bought for my bird but put on my malibu everyday car since the bird already had 17's. The 18's are now on my roomates 03 impala and they have never had hubcentric rings. Two years and so far no problems, shakes, wobbles, nada.

MOSES

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea the other pattern is 5x115, if theyre gonna b ok without the rings then we'll do it, it just didnt seem right that i could move the rim around so easily, i couldnt move it when the lugs were tight of course, but you know what i mean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts