TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trading 1 of my 1600 watt pyramid amps for a 400 watt mono alpine amp...... i think i'm coming out good considering its worth more than what i paid for my amp. plus it is smaller so i may be able to squeeze it in my trunk. if it has full pass crossover i'll use it for the alpine 6.5's i'll be putting in the rear deck.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well then i'm gonna have to get 1 or 2 more subs then...... i've still got some space between my box and the back seat...... i'd take away the back seat completly but then where will i put the car seats (kids)?

·
Registered
2014 Escape SE 2.0 AWD
7,557 Posts
Mono isn't for your speakers. You still got a better deal. You can buy a brand new Pyramid 2000wt amp on IkeSound for $80.

I'd help you if I was still in the area...

stangdude should be close-by. He might be able to help you, very good work. He lives in Sparta. Here's his Cougar he used to own:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/153923

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rf punch z's i though were crap sound really good on this amp!!!! amazing... and they are ran at 4ohms

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i thought i would go ahead and keep these rf punch z 12's but somebody came by and is supposed to be back to get them.

edit: he's not here and i'm going to work.......they're hooked up now so thats 5 subs, 4 amps 1 cap........holy crap more subs than speakers.......i gotta slow down

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the 4g wire and 60 amp fuse won't take it!!!

·
Registered
2014 Escape SE 2.0 AWD
7,557 Posts
Are you blowing the fuse?

I ran my JBL BP1200.1 and 12" Alpine TypeR or 15" Adire Audio Brahma (in a 4 cu ft box) with a 40A fuse. It was kinda pushing it, but could still take it.

What do you wanna bet that that amp is messed up?

Otherwise, if it's just that the power wire is to big, get a wire splitter. The Wal-Mart kits come with a wire splitter that reduces the 4ga to two 8ga wires. Either get the splitter, or for cheaper you might just get the kit, keep what you need, and sell the rest.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4g from bat to cap.........8g from cap to dist blocks to amps....amp is fine.....just can't run them all until i upgrade my wiring..... my pyramid amp is running at full pass on my rear 5x7"s and they sound very good now. no blown fuses yet.......

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.