TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Mercury Marauder at the local ford dealership, it was nice, and it was authentic, it had every marauder part, marauder window sticker, etc. Sweet car by the way. One interesting thing though, on the back it said "Grand Marquis LS" in the silver lettering, but it also said MARAUDER on the bumper...I mean, I know they're the same car & all, but why would it say that? I've never seen another one that says grand marc on it....they only say marauder, becuase arent they in a model designation of they're own, even though they're pretty much the same vehicle?

Earl

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You mean it had a Grand Marquis badge on the trunk lid?

That's a factory screwup - and now the car is worth THOUSANDS more :D!

The Marauder is actually classified as a Grand Marquis, for insurance and registration purposes. That's why my insurance will be dirt cheap if/when I buy one of these suckers in the fall :).

·
Registered
724 Posts
That is definitely a goof because the one I test drove and the pictures in the brochure do not have grand marquis on the back.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OOOO!! Factory Freak! Too bad this is all we get for that designation these days...oh well, its' still cool! And I want it becuase of that. But then again, I want all kinds of cool cars, eh, well, someday.

Earl

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well a few years back 97 or 98 our ford dealer in Niobrara had a regular cab xl with a lariat strip onthe side and llariat buckets. Never noticed till a guy wen to test drive it they were like huhhh ford messed up. Nice for the cust though huh Is the trunk lid identic in the grand marquis and the mauarder I knew they did something different with the look of the *** on that thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts