TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Is there anything extra I have to do to the climate electronic cable connection to swap from my stock analog climate unit to a digital one? The year of the car is 96 bird while mine is a 97.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,494 Posts
Do a search? I'm not 100% sure but I thought the units couldn't be swapped, 2 different set ups.

Joe

Reactions: Muscle&Thunder

·
Super Moderator
5,371 Posts
Take the two EVTMs. It's not for the faint of heart, but it CAN be done.

I'd ask "But why???" first, though.

Now, if you're pulling the dash and replacing the HVAC anyway (new heater and evaporator cores, new resistor, and new blower motor), grab the EATC HVAC box and all the wiring and plumbing; makes it not quite as crazy hard.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,358 Posts
You need the dash harness, as well as many components within the dash - blend door actuator, interior temperature sensor and its airtube, dash cowl and sunload sensor, and blower controller module. The Airbox is different as well but it can be modified, you need to cut the hole in the top for the sensor tube and plug the hole from the manual blower resistor.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need the dash harness, as well as many components within the dash - blend door actuator, interior temperature sensor and its airtube, dash cowl and sunload sensor, and blower controller module. The Airbox is different as well but it can be modified, you need to cut the hole in the top for the sensor tube and plug the hole from the manual blower resistor.
Lordy!!!! What the..... Yeah I'll be putting that up with the rest of my mini parts store that I'm building lol..

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
2,960 Posts
in the last 12 months I've removed 5 complete MN12 dashboards to harvest wiring harnesses. The cars with the SATC (semi automatic temp control) have a bunch of different stuff wired into the main harness. Everyone above advice is correct. The short story of this is to remove the complete dash wiring harness from a car with SATC and replace yours with it. Also there is a temp sensor in the heater tube, and the outside air temp sensor on the core support. I could talk for hours about these cars wiring harnesses after 2020. It's not impossible but as RalphP says, "not for the faint of heart".

Reactions: XR7-4.6

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I have also had multiple MN12 dash harness strewn across my shop for months now. I would have to x2 the complete dash harness swap.

Reactions: supergordo

·
SuperNewbie
2,960 Posts
I have also had multiple MN12 dash harness strewn across my shop for months now. I would have to x2 the complete dash harness swap.
Isn't dash harnesses everywhere a great time????

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
It's fabulous.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
That's a dash and a PCM harness that I am putting in the car. There are 2 other donors that are not shown. I kind of enjoy wiring but I'll enjoy being done also.

·
SuperNewbie
2,960 Posts
That's a dash and a PCM harness that I am putting in the car. There are 2 other donors that are not shown. I kind of enjoy wiring but I'll enjoy being done also.
We converted my sons car from 95 to 97 harness. With SATC and ABS. What is your project?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I'm adding OBD 2 to my 94 V6. Wired in clutch pedal, added some accessory wiring. Pulled a reverse lead to the radio. Rerouted the e-brake wiring to the console. Added rear O2 wiring from PCM to tunnel. Going to put a break in the radio antenna wiring so that I don't have to pull it thru again if I pull the dash. I did the Mark VIII headlight switch illumination mod, so there was wiring and relays for that. Also doing illuminated cruise switches. Just a bunch of crap. All of this to go into a fresh black dash.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm adding OBD 2 to my 94 V6. Wired in clutch pedal, added some accessory wiring. Pulled a reverse lead to the radio. Rerouted the e-brake wiring to the console. Added rear O2 wiring from PCM to tunnel. Going to put a break in the radio antenna wiring so that I don't have to pull it thru again if I pull the dash. I did the Mark VIII headlight switch illumination mod, so there was wiring and relays for that. Also doing illuminated cruise switches. Just a bunch of crap. All of this to go into a fresh black dash.

View attachment 41525
I have to push my willingness for that lol. Once I'm more comfortable with the MN12 wiring I'll break out the technician skills.

·
SuperNewbie
2,960 Posts

View attachment 41525
Very nice! I like your ambition!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts