TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my bags are packed, the tools are in the trunk, and I have a cougar full of parts. I'm off to Jim's Thunderbird Hangar for a weekend of headswap fun!!! Get ready Jimbo!!!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
You should sleep on the slanted bed with the sink at the end of it.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i am sure hes got a nice coffin for you to sleep in,, better make sure they dont bury you!

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Well after many beers last night kind of ended at the shorter end of the progress we wanted to make. We got the intake, and 75% of the stuff off the top of the engine, and some of the stuff underneath.... we should be pulling the motor withing a couple hours. YAY!!!

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Pulled the motor and got it cleaned up for tomorrow. Friggin top starter bolt can kiss my A$$! New heads go on in the morning...

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
JIM did you get the right water tube?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the correct tube today..... well... heading to the dealer right now too... heads are going on as we speek!!!

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Well everything's done. Two major setbacks. One - the top starter bolt would NOT come out, so we pried and pried and broke the housing off the starter to get it out. Ended up replacing it, but it was 11 years old. Second - while torquing down the thermostat housing bolts, one broke the housing. That one issue caused a 4 hour delay while we tried to JB Weld it, then ended up replacing the housing with one from an 86 Chevy truck that we slightly "modified" to work. It started right up the second time (After I realized I forgot to plug in the wiring harness to the EEC) and idled and ran perfectly. We then loaded a tune from his Xcal2 and changed the MAF and airbox to the 02 Mustang GT style and had some slight idle issues but I'm confident he will work those out with Lonnie. Brian - I never want to see you again in my garage!!!:cool:

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
lol

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Throughout the whole swap there were alot of small problems that took alot of extra time. Bolts not coming out, stuff not lining up, tools walking away, and stuff like that really killed us on time. Over all, things went well. Special thanks to Embalmer (Jim), Firescout211 (my brother Chris), and Midwest Bird (Eric). These guys made it alot easier for things to happen. Its running well, but I think maybe now I need to replace the Trans crossmember.... anyone have one with some fresh bushings? Check your pm's keith!

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Anyone have a 1/4 inch Stanley ratchet?? LOL
OOH! OOH! I do! I spent a few hours yesterday cleaning up the garage. If anyone needs spare parts, here's my inventory all from the Florek's:

2 NPI cylinder heads loaded
12" OEM torque converter & flexplate
Cam covers, chains, sprockets
OEM NPI intake manifold complete w/plastic crossover:D
Full dual exhaust with cats removed & Flowmaster mufflers
Catalytic converters
Xenon body kit
At least 500 spare bolts, nuts, etc.

Make me an offer! All must go!:evil3: :gapteeth: :beek:

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
You're welcome..it was the first time at Jims for me and it was fun...but it wasnt my car. Im glad to hear you got it done on Sunday. What are we doing next??
I have a feeling that I'm going to be under your transmission next. Let me know - $100 and an afternoon and the J-mod is yours.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeh Jim has your ratchet by the way.... but he still has my credit card and the clip for my hood strut. Hey Jim did you ever find that??? Its driving me freakin crazy when I put my hood up and it falls back down on me when the strut pops off.

Good times.... pics to come eventually.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts