1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
i bet he has a sore butt!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Im surprised a saab lasted so long. I guess the older ones like that were good, my dad had one and loved it. A friend of mine has a new one and everything goes wrong with it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Think he had a K&N in it?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
turdferguson said:
He hit 8 deer with it?
good lord, some deer hunters don't bag that many in a lifetime!
Why do you think our basketball team are the bucks? We have such a over population of deer in Wisconsin. I've come close to hitting couple every year that I‘ve been driving. I actually live in a village on the north side of Milwaukee called "Brown Deer", we've got plenty of deer jerky around here! :D

That guy was on the front page of the Milwaukee paper a couple weeks ago, never thought he would make national news with CNN. I’ll have to check out the Wisconsin Automotive Museum and post a couple pictures if you want.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
that doesnt surprise me at all, my 84 900 turbo 5 speed had 450-500 k on it when we got rid of it , again mine had a trans at 200 ish , lost the final drive . they are not the same car now though , when gm took them over they went to crap .

·
Registered
536 Posts
Not too long ago a guy with a Volvo - forgot the model, had the last generation 4-cylinder - racked up over one million miles. Volvo gave him a new one and I believe retired his car to a museum. This was on the Today Show. A friend of mine belongs to a local Volvo club and met this guy at a club meeting. The head was off the engine for a valve job once, but the shortblock was untouched.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
OxmanWI said:
Why do you think our basketball team are the bucks? We have such a over population of deer in Wisconsin. I've come close to hitting couple every year that I‘ve been driving. I actually live in a village on the north side of Milwaukee called "Brown Deer", we've got plenty of deer jerky around here! :D

That guy was on the front page of the Milwaukee paper a couple weeks ago, never thought he would make national news with CNN. I’ll have to check out the Wisconsin Automotive Museum and post a couple pictures if you want.
Yhea, same deal in MI.
But 8?
My dad hit one in the Bronco II years ago and had to have tons of work done on it. What a mess it was too.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Miles

I have nearly 166,000 on my 92' Super Coupe.....................I've got a long way to go huh?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
There's a guy selling a Tacoma in Idaho with 400k on it. Says it still runs good. Anyone interested? :D

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I thought having 381K on my 84 Vic was doing good. The motor is untoched save for a few water pumps, but it is on it's 3rd AOD trans, lol... Too bad the frame is falling apart on mine. I think it'll make it to 400K and I'll have to get that new frame under it that I have waiting in the garage. Who says American cars don't last!

Jay

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
See sig. . . . .the one with over 300,000 on it is working on getting its third transmission. . . . .two by Ford under warranty. The motor has never given me any trouble. The car was originally purchased at Galpin Ford in LosAngeles, CA and I have driven accross country several times and to CO, WY and WI twice. . . .I love it and don't ever plan on getting rid of it. . . . .it will have to get rid of me! :D

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
My 2004 Econoline has 223,000 miles on it with a 5.4 and i just did it's first tune up! LOL! I use it for work in case you wonder about the miles.

C.Hill

·
Registered
164 Posts
One of our club members has 325,000 on his 1999 Chrysler 300M.

Another has 485,000 on a 1994 Dodge Intrepid

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Wow, that's good for an Intrepid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts