TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say thanks to silver95bird, and blackicelsc for there advice as to my no reverse situation in my 03 j-modded trans. you guys were right, and i won the big ole hee haw award.
After pulling the pan down, low and behold, i found my shift lever was NOT in the first detent. It was just like Blackicelsc's pic. Thanks again you guy's as i am very humbled by this experience.

Now on tho the great news. First off here's the spec's.

94 Bird with a 351C.
03 4R70W, Built and J-mod
TC from Alan the TC guru.
Baumann TCS
trans cooler from a superduty

All I have to say is :D :D :D :D :D
and :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I still have some tuning to do with the TCS, but DAAAAAAAAMN!!

That thing has SACK! I'm barking in ALL gears. I want to give a HUGE thanks to Alan (dirtyd0gus) for his outstanding torque convertor. Dude you are the man!
I've only been playing with the trans and the TCS for 2 days now, but the shift into 2nd will knock your fillings out.
The shift into 3rd will put you into your seat, and fourth holds like a mother. Don't ask how fast i was going because there is no VSS signal for the speedo (the Baumann TCS uses the OSS and displays the MPH, but i wasn't going to look at the computer at that speed!:ztoohot: ) The cool thing is that all the functions for the trans are all adjustable!

Again I want to say thanks to everyone who gave this trans rookie some insight. And to Alan fro that TC!!
If anyone should need a TC, it would be wise to PM him before you make a haste decision!!

As always......

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Glad you got it working - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
It sounds like you are already :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did same thing and had to take the damn thing apart again. but didnt get as far as putting pan on.

·
Registered
456 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
:D
Your welcome, glad you got it all fixed
Alan

DITTO!
351...thats awesome!!! I was wondering whatever happened to the situation. I had a pretty good feeling you did exactly what I said...(its very easy to do).

I want to give Johnaec some credit...he is the first one that posted that issue as a possible cause....WTG John!

man, sounds like you got more than you expected. I love to read such hapiness!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :headbang:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had to convert my tach to a v-8 to get an accurate reading on engine performance, which is surprisingly accurate. I had my Snap-on timing light hooked up and reading the RPM's against the gauge. was maybe 20 rpm off.

But anyhow, as i was playing with the calibration for the trans, i've noticed that at 5000 RPM going into 2nd, i reeeaaally need new tire's:cool:, cause that damn thing went sideways untill i let off! It was just like Emerill the chef...BAM! so cool!!!
Kudo's to all who gave advice, and to the man J himself. he knows his shizzle. To all those questioning the J-mod, just DO IT!! you wont be dissapointed!!

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
456 Posts
your words describe exactly how I was feeling when I unleashed my JMOD. Just cant image how happy it makes a guy driving a Luxury car, when he pulls htrottle next to a GT, or Ricer, and BARK the tires, kicking the rear out sideways...grinnin, and spinnin!

"Grinnin and spinnin"

nice new phrase!

Glad you got it where you want it.....enjoy the ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts