TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been wondering if any 1 has tried putting an Anderson Power pipe? by the looks of it seem not to work but wondering if by making a hole like the mustang has in the fender well will it work..my V1 kit came with it..but the project has been down..and barely getting to it..and id love to have this thing on along with a Vortech mini race by pass valve..

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
ive been wondering if any 1 has tried putting an Anderson Power pipe? by the looks of it seem not to work but wondering if by making a hole like the mustang has in the fender well will it work..my V1 kit came with it..but the project has been down..and barely getting to it..and id love to have this thing on along with a Vortech mini race by pass valve..
Got one in my car. But it wasn't a bolt in fit. I had to cut it down. and weld it back together to make the factory hole in the fender. Got my pipe for next to nothing so didn't bother me to cut it up.

Chris

·
Registered
605 Posts
I say just make your own. You can get everything you need off ebay. We got mine way down in the front bumper. Just had to widen the factory hole.

·
Registered
993 Posts
That is what I did for my car last year - made a 4" diameter system using hose connectors from Hose Techniques and aluminum pipes from Treadstone Performance. The lower portion is similar to the MAC system (except bigger diameter) and the upper portion is just a straight section leading into an angled reducer hose. The 4" diameter matches the 90mm LMAF well, but I had to reduce to 3" at the BBK T/B. I finished the install off with a large oval K&N filter which just fits inside the front fascia.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i have the power pipe and love the way it looks..and wouldnt really like to cut it up..would like to cut out the fender wall as the mustang has it.. to keep the pipe fuctional..wondering if its possible..instead of having it downwards in the stock location.. i have bullit intake and im also planning to run the vortech mini race bypass valve..Cobra R made sum serios HP with his set up..i have comp cams XE268H cams and ported pi heads and just bought sum ferrea stain less valves but need to buy the valve seats for them..any one know where to get them at a good price? i hope to make close to 500 HP with my set up.. .20 mahle pistons, forged rods and cobra crank..going into a Teksid block.. appreciate every ones help and info.. by the way got me sum 18' Cobra R's Deep dish..in chrome..look sweet..ill try to get sum pics up..

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
what is the diameter of the Powerpipe? 4in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts