TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever attempted to make an angel eyes setup for the mn12?

i saw a fox cougar with it and it looked awesome, and i sent the guy who made me an email, but if no one has attempted it on the mn12 i may give it a shot this summer.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Johnny Cougar said:
AtroXR7 has a set in his Cougar. This is not a very good pic, but it should give you an idea of what it looks like:

that is exactly what i had in mind...im liking that. are tehre any more pics of that, im trying to see how it was mounted.

if we could get someone to make em, like ina GP, for instance, i know i would buy one, if they were close, i would even be the guinea(SP) pig for them

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
It would be easier to do this on the 89-90 Cougars because the lights are more squared. I don't think it would be a hard task to tackle. I have some extra lights I'm not using, and extra time on my hands. Hmm..

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yeah i like the newer style lenses, i ont knwo why they couldnt custom make a set of housings with the clear lenses for the 91~95 cougars. i guess itwould depend upon demand. but if they offered it for the 96~97 only i would do a conversion. i love the looks of those lights

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
jimmy_04 said:
They prolly chose the 96-97 style for the clear lense. the older styles arnt just clear plastic.
Or because he had a 96-97 Cougar? It would be too much work for me to switch to that style light setup. I would have to rewire the headlights as well as getting the body parts to complete it. IMO it would be a waste for me. I still think it wouldnt look that bad in the 89-90's.

·
Registered
859 Posts
AtroXR7 didn't do anything fancy to get the Halo's in his Cougar. He has the 96/7 style headlamps. He simply removed the lens, put a Halo ring around the bulb (with a wire heading out the back of the housing), and put it back together.

Where he got them? I don't know. But he does hang out over at www.cougarnuts.com more than here.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
How is that rice? Its more BMW then anything.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think i will have to get new headlight housings before i would attempt it. i dont wannt put those ina foggy housing, that would look like crap
i like it. rice or not. yuo can hate, but if you wanna turn heads, that will do it

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Man can't even joke on here any more. What is up with this place now? Used to be able to joke all the time. Now everyone is taking it so seriously. Is the fuel prices hurting that much? They do look kinda neat. If it is inexpensive, I might even try it. Let me know.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
What did he use for the halo?

-Joel

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I've looked into the halos for an mn-12 before. The factory headlights aren't big enough to drop a BMW halo straight in, although I'm not sure about the 89-93 Cougs. A do-it-yourself solution suggests taking a clear Window blind rod, heating it up, bending it around say a pop can, and then slicing slight notches on the in and outside of the ring. In theory when you put an LED on the ends of the rod, the light eminates from each of the little notches along the way

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
he might have just bought the fog lights with the angel eye rings....and removed the ring, and adapted it to fit into his headlights.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im prolly gonna try that method, the halo foglight thing

assuming i ever get to it, these bills and repairs are killing me

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Search google for DIY angel eyes. You will find alot of threads and sites referring to it. It seems pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts