TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to sound a little Ricey or anything but i'd really love to have a set of Angel Eye headlightz on my T-bird. I don't think anybody makes them or ever would, but do you think there would be a company that would?? because the Idea isn't bad, hey i'd buy em.

·
Registered
649 Posts
There used to be a how to out there to make your own. It was quite simple actually. I tried finding it, but I think the link is dead.

Anyway, he used the rod that one can open and close window shades with. You know the ones that can be flipped up or down. But any clear plastic rod can be used.

Then he took a dremel and he scored the one side of the rod every 1/4 inch or so.

Then he found out the outside circumfrence that he needed to cover.

He cut it to length.

Then he bored a small hole in each end of the rod.

He then stuck it in the oven to heat it up till it was plyable.

Once it was heated up *but not melted* he formed it into the shape he needed, in his case it was a circle.

He then took two higher output LED's and stuck one in each of the holes he bored out in the ends and then fastened them in.

Once the LED's were activated the whole setup acted like fiber optics. It lit up the rod a little but the light was refracted more at each of the points where he scored the rod.

Its pretty simple. I hope this made sense. It would be quite easy to make one of these, especially if you can easily pull the headlights apart like in the 96-97's and just follow the contour of the inside.

Now thinking about it I might play with it this weekend to see what I can come up with.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
I think they look pretty sweet on BMW's....unsure about the Bird too. Might look ok. I believe it was 8ate8 that photoshopped his car with projector's in it one time before...looked pretty good.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I have projectors and angel eyes:

It wasn't very hard at all to do. It's not so hot up close, but from 10 feet or more it looks very nice. I'm going to be redoing them in a few months, now that I have some experience, it should turn out better.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Nothing right now. I wasn't very pleased with the results, so I'm going to redo it. Actually, the design I was thinking of looks a lot like that Photochop.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that pic you found with the angel eye headlights looks real nice, why didnt they ever sell those as aftermarket units?? i'd buy em.

·
Registered
491 Posts
BMW=Passenger/Family Car, but comes with Angel eyes stock on the 5-series. My mother drives a 5-series and has no idea what angel eyes are. There's a market for an 1993 Civic HB hatch to get 5 different types of angel eyes, but not one for our car. That, by definition, blows.:zbash:

·
Registered
366 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts