TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have been following my story, Angel is dead. I was going to replace the intake manifold tomorrow, but I had to make it to an interview today. I took the bird out and filled up with coolant. On the way to the interview I noticed the temp gauge going up and no hot air from the heater. This was followed by a low coolant light. I immediately turned for home. By the time I got home the temp gauge was pegged and there was steam entering the cabin. I still owe like 4gs on the Bird, and I love her. I just dont know what to do....

--Craig

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
hmmm.... I say part it out (if you owe money on it) to try and get back some cash and buy a beater. Or fix it :D :p

shouldn't be too bad... I take it the intake manifold cracked? did you warp a head(s)?

should be able to fix it pretty easily IMO... got any peeps there to give you a hand?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Where is the fluid coming from? Did yours ever get the intake replaced under that recall about the crack behind the altenator? Hopefully she ain't dead. Get your rear out there and find the leak, if it's the intake, replace it, add coolant, change the oil, hopefully you'll be good to go.

and if the car starts overheating while driving.....pull the (*&#@([email protected] over and let it cool down!

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No peeps to help, except my new gf. I have the old intake manifold out and the new one prepped to go in. Just warming up now. Found the crack, it was in the rear, by the coolant hose back there. Took about 2 hours to get the sucka out. Hopefully goes faster getting in. I love Angel, and to those who love her I hope to have her back on the road soon.

--Craig

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey now.....she is back up and running. I have known about the crack for awhile, since Molly and I were together, I just never had the money to do it. Thanks to TCCoA I was able to get an intake manifold and I just installed her. Took about 5 working hours on and off, and not a hitch. The only thing that doesnt line up is the bracket from the altenator to the intake manifold..

BTW....there is a reason no one has heard my side of what happened. This is a car club, not divorce court...

--Craig

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Deus003 said:
BTW....there is a reason no one has heard my side of what happened. This is a car club, not divorce court...
CLICK!

Locked before somebody does or says something stupid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.