TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im thinking of 17" wheels to replace my 16" sport wheels (running a 225/60/60 tire)....what size do i need to give a flush look (with the wheel wells).....and this includes the rear wheels, i dont like how they seem to set "inwards" more than the front....how do i correct this for a all around flush look?

also, im looking at a 245/45/17 tire (or should i run a 50 series), i want to stay as close as possible to the stock tire/wheel height....can these be run on the t-bird with no problems?.....and i have the 1.25 tokico drop if this matters at all.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I run 245/45/17 on a 9 inch wide rim, and it isn't enough. I have the Tokico lowering setup also but I have serious wheel gap still. 17x9 supposedly 36 mm offset (6.42 offset) but I need a 1/8 spacer in front to keep it from hitting spindle.

I could use some 1/2 inch spacers in the rear, if I ever feel like replacing the lugs with longer ones I will do it.

Front with 1/8 spacer:

Rear with no spacer:

Not filling the wheel well at all:

Wheel to spindle/UCA mount gap:

·
Registered
987 Posts
im thinking of 17" wheels to replace my 16" sport wheels (running a 225/60/60 tire)....what size do i need to give a flush look (with the wheel wells).....and this includes the rear wheels, i dont like how they seem to set "inwards" more than the front....how do i correct this for a all around flush look?

also, im looking at a 245/45/17 tire (or should i run a 50 series), i want to stay as close as possible to the stock tire/wheel height....can these be run on the t-bird with no problems?.....and i have the 1.25 tokico drop if this matters at all.
255-45-17 is a decent and common tire size with some good choices and prices. They are 26.0" tall.

Brad

·
Banned
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Have you actually called them to see if they have them? I don't think they do.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#@*%!.....your right........*#@%!

·
Super Moderator
12,406 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts

Flush look???heh....The fit does not get better than this. No spacers...Just bolt them on. Yes they are 18X9...Once again, NO YOU DO NOT NEED SPACERS...:rolleyes: In fact you don't need spacers for ANY of our 18X9 wheels.

Even if you were to find the SVT 17X7 NOS wheels by Ford. They were not what I would call the perfect fit or even the greatest wheel option for these cars. They were STILL a CAST wheel and IMO 1" too narrow with a less than perfect offset.

Cheers,

Brad

·
Banned
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ very nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts