TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Did the seafoam today. 1/3 in the intake, 1/3 in the engine, and 1/3 in the gas tank. Had a hard time restarting after ten minutes, but once it started the Seafoam was ran out of the intake and the smoke began clearing for the test drive holy crap! :beek: I'm doing an oil change tomorrow, so I figured "hell, why not?" :cool:

·
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't feel like a huge difference, but I noticed a slight difference. I almost want to take it to a dyno to find out, but I can't justify $60 for that. I'd have to get a computer tune to make good use of that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
dude after 200 miles it gets even better the car will feels more power and a hole lot cleaner did it to my car and notice the diffrences after 200 miles next week im going to do the tranny seafoam to see how that will perform

·
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed my exhaust has started sounding slightly deeper at idle. Observed the engine via scanner...it's pretty beast.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just did mine this past weekend (1/3rd in the intake and the rest in the gas tank.....none in the crankcase as I haven't fixed my oil leak yet...:rolleyes:) and I gotta say I notice a difference. I also did it in my '96 Dodge Ram, I mostly use it for short in-town trips, or trips to the store, and I noticed a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i just have to see the diffrerence in the tranny ya tried it yet?? i mean the seafoam tranny the motor one works really god thow

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm going to have to give seafoam a try... not that there is anything necessarily wrong with the way the car is running now, but for the past couple years it has just sat most of the time or taken on short trips (and a couple long ones- god I love the 4.6's gas mileage). I'm sure there's a good bit of carbon buildup that could stand to be "blown out."

I thought you're supposed to put it down the brake booster, not the intake...?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I used the brake booster line - sucked it up like a vacuum. Gotta feed her slow or she'll stall though. I too am wondering about the seafom tranny stuff. I can't find it at any parts store though, or I would try it myself.

·
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm weary of putting additives in my transmission. But, then again, I was weary of Seafoam a while back too.

·
Banned
287 Posts
I've done the Seafoam trick a while back (over 5 years ago) but I forget how long do you wait to restart the car? Or I should ask, how long are you guys letting the Seafoam soak once it's in the engine?

·
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I waited 10 minutes and it was a b**ch to restart.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I put a whole can in the intake of a 93 toyota corolla. waited about 30 min and fired her up...it smoked for a good 15 min and it got at least 1 of the 4 hamsters back:)

Oh, and be careful when using the brake booster hose to feed the engine seafoam. You could accidently suck up enough to hydrolock the engine, I did on the above corolla on one cylinder. Just glad it was just above idle.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am very interested in doing this.

What im scared of is it cleaning toooo well and breaking up crud thats actually holding things together, and the engine collapse!

Is that possible?

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
me and my buddies seafoam all our tbirds the same day and crop dust the whole neighborhood. we just put it through the brake booster line

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
I am very interested in doing this.

What im scared of is it cleaning toooo well and breaking up crud thats actually holding things together, and the engine collapse!

Is that possible?
How many miles on the engine?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Umm Well the odometer stopped at 113k. And i bought it from my mother aobut...4 years ago maybe? And i dont know how long its been since its been broke.

But me nor her never drive anywhere, except to work and back. And i drive to daycare and work and such every day, but no trips...

So i could maybe guess no more than 150k?

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
I would guess that you ought to be okay, but to be on the safe side I'd wait for a second opinion. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts