TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a cougar that looks just like the one I have already its owned by a old guy and its in mint condition it's been garaged its whole life with 90k miles. Paint and interior perfect. Should I buy it and swap all my upgraded parts to it and put the stock parts back on my old one and sell it. My old one needs paint job interior work even though I changed seats and carpet it still smells like ash tray and wifey won't ride with me in the cougar we always use her car to go somewher

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Oh yes, for sure.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
My ex wife hated riding in my t-bird. Notice I said "ex wife!" I say go for the lower mile car and swap things over!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When and checked it out. It looked alot better in the pics. And he wouldn't budge on price. I ve had my green one for seven years. I gonna look for anouther one. I really want a pearl white one this time.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have been looking and it seems all the cougars and t birds are trashed or not taken care of. It seems that mark viii are in better shape. I can find them with mint interiors and low miles. It seems that people take better care of them. The cougars I do find that are taken care of either have a v6 or a cloth top on the roof.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I would strip the interior completely and clean everything top to bottom, also get the headliner replaced, a TON of tar and crap will be embedded in it. That should take care of the smells. My girlfriend loves my cougar, she prefers to ride in it more than a BMW Z4 I had among other cars. Just get it minty fresh inside! ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,157 Posts
Rubber pieces and foam never lose the tar smell, I mistakenly gutted a fox Turbo coupe interior for parts and while I was able to get the smell completely out of the plastic pieces by soaking them in soapy water and vinegar I never could get it off the steering wheel. In fact I use that steering wheel as a wall decoration and I can still smell it outgassing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts