TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I'll give it this much, that is one very clean car. But I've never liked those tops on cougars either. Or those idiotic chrome fender things.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
That Cougar has been relisted many times. That seller here in FL has listed quite a few Tbirds and Cougars with uber high reserve prices and just keeps relisting them until they sell.

I have a recurring ebay search set up to email me alerts whenever any new MN12's listed within a few hundred miles show up.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Did they change the cougar grill logo in 97? I'm pretty sure mine says "MERCURY" on top, and "COUGAR" on the bottom. Might be mistaken though.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
btw last time around it was bid up to $2750

It doesn't say anything about the reserve not being met? It doesn't say anything about it having been relisted either. Do completed auto auctions say if the reserve was met or not? This seems a common occurance with auto his auctions...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Did they change the cougar grill logo in 97? I'm pretty sure mine says "MERCURY" on top, and "COUGAR" on the bottom. Might be mistaken though.
Yea that's a 97 emblem, not sure if the 96 is the same as well? the factory ones I've seen all have a Pacific Green background. I thought they might be matched to the body color because mines Pacific Green but they all seem to be that color from what I can tell. Least all the ones I've seen.

In addition to that i've seen aftermarket ones in the parts catalogs that look the same except the background field is BLACK. So if your looking at one and the emblem has a black field that's a clue you might be looking at collision repair work.

edit: actually it's a bit darker then Pacific Green and it doesn't have as much pearl to it (or mines aged more since I last looked at it). I have no idea what the significance of the 11 dots circling the emblem are...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Cougar has been relisted many times. That seller here in FL has listed quite a few Tbirds and Cougars with uber high reserve prices and just keeps relisting them until they sell.

I have a recurring ebay search set up to email me alerts whenever any new MN12's listed within a few hundred miles show up.
I looked at a Cougar that they had on ebay in person and the odometer was stuck but in the ebay listing it didn't mention it. It just said low miles and everything works but the passenger power door lock didn't work either. I reported it to ebay but I don't think they did anything.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Somehow that doesn't surprise me. I'd never buy a car sight unseen, certainly not off of ebay of all places. lol

I'n not really looking to buy anything I just leave the MN12 search set up because you never know whats going to pop up. Might find a sweet parts car cheap or something like that...

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Somehow that doesn't surprise me. I'd never buy a car sight unseen, certainly not off of ebay of all places. lol

I'n not really looking to buy anything I just leave the MN12 search set up because you never know whats going to pop up. Might find a sweet parts car cheap or something like that...
How do you setup that kind of searcH?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
trade secret, were talking about ebay bub. lol

Actually it's been forever since I looked at the search terms but I get email alerts whenever new mn12's show up in my area so I must of worded it pretty well. I think the ebay motors search gives you alot of options, look it over you'll see.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Well seing as your in TX, if you'll sign a non-disclosure agreement forbiding you to divulge my search terms to anyone in the state of FL then I might tell you how to set it up. :rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts