TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I alredy have 40 series Flomaster mufflers on an otherwise stock exhaust on my 96 4.6. I was just wondering if the removal of the third cat would give me an increase in sound. Right now it sounds pretty good at higher RPM's like 3k+, but I want a little more low end rumble. If this won't work then what other suggestions are there that are fairly inexpensive.
Thanks,
Kevin M

·
Registered
230 Posts
Did you remove...

...the first two cats? If so, how much louder did your car get without them? Also, did you go with MIL eliminators, or just get your chip burned? If you still have them, then disregard the other ???'s

·
Registered
344 Posts
kev....depending on how much money u are willing to put into it than i could give u some suggestions. i have not done this to my car yet, i was supposed to tomarrow but i blew a head gasket instead so i am a little set back, but go to www.speedfreak.cc and look at the exhaust systems there...i would do the exact same system but dont buy it from them. take it to a local muffler shop that will custom your exhaust and have them duplicate it for you. do 2 hi-flow cats into the x-pipe out to dual pipes into your flowmaster 40 series. that should give u a sound that is really close to the mustang gt exhaust (catback exhaust). it will give u a deep throaty rumble. speedfreak wants $700 for the exhaust system w/o hi-flow cats. $900 for the system with. then u have shipping and instalation. a muffler should should be able to do ti for more than half that price...including labor and parts. just a suggestion. oh hey while yall read this i got my site runnin finally. it is a bit small cause i just started today but here it is. www.angelfire.com/ga4/thunderbird enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts