TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here about a month ago I decided I wanted to upgrade my key less entry module. Here is the thread on that. => http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=135300 That module was from a 93 bird. A buddy of mine liked it so much he bought it off me for his 87 bird and gave me his old module. So now I have a module laying around for a 99 Taurus and have no pin out for it. So if someone who has access for a pin out for it could get it for me I would greatly appreciate it. I'm thinking it might work better since it is a antenna less designed. It also goes into programing mode by turning the key on and off 8 times. So you wouldn't have to get in the trunk to program a new remote.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
That is part of the PATS system introduced somewhere around 98...totally different system, I am sure you could make it work I am just not sure how involved of a swap we're talking about...keep us posted, I know I'm interested!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok found what I need.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
So what is better about the taurus module?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't really think that it is better. It is what I had laying around with a fob for it after I sold the other one that I made. There is one thing that I have noticed is that the Taurus module had a output for theft light. It also has a input for a hood and trunk switch so it will sound the horn it something is open and and the alarm is active. Well I guess its more of an alarm as well as a keyless module. SO I guess it is a little better.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
That is kinda cool :) Let me know if you get it all working. Is this the module on the fusebox of the taurus or am I thinking of the GEM?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts