TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many threads on here and just need a few questions answered. With any of the Magnaflow systems, DI/DO or DI/SO is there any cabin drone when ther are no mufflers in the back? How loud is are these systems and which sounds the best? It seems that this is a popular setup. I would love the Mustang sound but know that is hard to do. As long as this would make my car sound like a real V8 not some funky sound like my old flowmaster catback did.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
if you want it to sound real good im my opinion.. get rid of the cats and get a set of kooks with true dual 2.5 all the way out the back. I have that along with a magnaflow x pipe and magnaflow race packs. i love the sound more than anything else

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
goosemst said:
I have read many threads on here and just need a few questions answered. With any of the Magnaflow systems, DI/DO or DI/SO is there any cabin drone when ther are no mufflers in the back? How loud is are these systems and which sounds the best? It seems that this is a popular setup. I would love the Mustang sound but know that is hard to do. As long as this would make my car sound like a real V8 not some funky sound like my old flowmaster catback did.

I have 2 1/4 down tubes with hi-flow cats that run into a Magnaflow DI/SO. The single is the pipe from my dynomax cat back but I have eliminated the rear mufflers. It is a little louder than stock but not a whole lot and the cabin is quiet at highway cruising speeds of 70 - 80. Personally I like it a lot. It gives a little tone to the ride but is not obnoxious or attention getting.

T

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So mounting this type of muffler in the middle of the car and running the pipes out the back dont create drone at highway speeds. Which is the best set up DI/DO/ steup or DI/SO setup, does one cause you to lose or gain any power?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
there is always a little drone.. can't get over it

i run 2.25" custom down tubes w/ carsound/magnaflow hiflow cats into a DIDO magnaflow SS muff, then twin pipes out the rear

just a tad of drone.. but it don't bother me.. usually playin music just loud enough so i can't hear it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts