TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All
Fellow T-Bird owner here that has had his 1988 5.0 for several years it has been serving me faithfully. (120k miles I bought it at 60k) and decided to do something with it or get rid of it. I'm hopeing you all can help me out along the way. First off here is my ride it's my daily driver (not my only transportation) so I plan on not having to much down time. I like to prep the parts and then weekend swap them.

Edit:
wow, 28 views and not even so much as a "Hi"

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
That's a clean 'bird you got there. Love the 2-tone. What do you have in mind for it?

And, HI! :cool:

Jay

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
what do you want to do with it? are you unafraid of messing with the engine? go get a dd... and mod the hell outta this one... you are fortunate to have all teh aftermarket support of the fox mustangs at your disposal.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
wanna sell? very interested in another fox bird

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all
My plans are to do the whole thing a step at a time. So far all I have thought out is the suspension.
Currently I am working on the rear as tires are shot and it has a leaky right rear brake cylinder.
Just picked up an 8.8 locker with the same gears as what’s in it. I’m not planning a gear change just yet.

This 84 Lincoln is supplying me with 5 lug axels and vented disk breaks (picking up the reman calipers and new axel bearings tonight) so that should fix the leaky brake cylinder.

Then I have a set of these 17x9 Bullitts I picked up since I will need new 5 lug rims to fit the axels and I plan on mounting 275/40R17 on them (I believe, need to get some completed rear measurements to be sure.)

Will also be doing
New rear shocks (suggestions??)
Performance bushings (suggestions??)
Sway Bar. (Suggestions??)
All at the same time when I install the rear.

Then on to the front for 5 lug to get the rims mounted, struts, and bushings.

And nope not afraid to mess with the engine. Looking forward to it actually. However I understand this is a wimp 5.0 with cast pistons ect not worth my trouble. Already purchased a 93 Cobra upper and lower intake and I'm looking for 5.0 roller to build on the side then swap in with MAF and floor shift with some mod’s to an AOD. All yet to be determined. Still in the collecting parts stage.

Nope Zero, not for sale

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.