TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 91 v-8 sport bird i drug home . car is a rusted out turd beyond saving . it does however have many new or really nice parts for both of my money pits . my question this time , and again i'm looking everywhere i can think of to find this myself , but can any of the sensors , or engine electronics be used for my 95 4.6 ? the 91 is a 5.0 and i know the ecu is not compatible , but i am wondering about the maf , or other such things . well i'm off to decipher this and many other things hopefully but will be back to see what you have to say ..................

·
Registered
746 Posts
I dont believe there are many engine components that would be usable for you, but I will let someone who knows more on the topic comment.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Depending on the style of connectors the water temp sensor may or may not be usable, the single terminal ones are but I wouldn't take a chance with the multi-pin ones(they changed too much). MAF might be the only other thing.

If it has a functional automatic climate control unit I might be interested once get some cash.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep i found that out by cross referencing some parts and numbers from a manufacturer now . they say the maf will work for the taurus and the taurus is listed as sharing the maf with the bird in 95 so ....... oh well what can i say .... i was raised to use what you have available before you go spend a lot . it just has the regular climate control arrangement , not the fancy thing my 95 has bowez . welp i got a buddy who's into the square body fox 'stangs i'll let him pick off what he want's and swap him for some labor later on on one or the other . bowze i dont have a clue if theres anything else you or anyone else could use , but hey speak up as it'll come apart meticulously as i try to save everything useable as you never know ....................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts