TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've searched for my problem and couldn't find exactly what I needed though it's probably similar to others problems. I just had my intake swapped because my old one was cracked. Went to pick up the car at the mechanic shop, started the car and it was running rough at idle. Revving the engine it also was rough. Not crazy rough, but just enough to shake the steering wheel a little and vibrate the car slightly. Driving the car, it was rough all the way through the rpms. Did this cold and once it warmed up. If I let off the gas to cruise or came to a stop at a light, the rpms would drop really low (below 500 rpm) and the car would die. It starts just fine, but dies whenever not on the gas while in gear. Park and neutral its just rough but won't die. Dies in reverse or drive, doesn't matter. Unfortuantely I left the car at the mechanics, so I'll call him tommorow to see what he can find. Any ideas what it could be, so I can tell him things to check. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

·
5,650 Posts
If the intake was swapped that means the IAC was moved around. I would suspect that it is the problem. Who knows the mechanic might have dropped the throttle body and plenum assembly and jarred the IAC.

If the idle wasn't rough before you took the car to the mechanic (assuming it ran despite the cracked intake) then it's the mechanic's responsibility to fix it, though you might have trouble proving it wasn't rough before.

·
Registered
373 Posts
different route

have you checked for any disconnected vaccums, leaks, or maybe your mechanic forgot to put something back into place. the reason i mention forgot to put something back into place is because it happen to me while i was trying to upgrade on performance parts that summit had misinformed me about & through the process of placing everything back on, my cousin forgot one of the screw's on the egr.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we figured out what caused the rough idle. Ended up being one of the wires. Anyways, it idles and riuns smooth now, but once I took it for a test drive today and once it starts to warm up, when you come to a stop and have it in gear, the rpms drop real low and then it dies. I told him about the IAC and he's gonna check it out and keep me posted. Hopefully that is it. I should know either later today or tommorow. Thanks for the posts everyone, much appreciated. :D

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, just to close this off, we found what was casing the stalling. It ended up being the IAC like everyone figured. It was replaced and now the car is running like a champ! Idles perfectly and the throttle feels more responsive. Maybe this piece was on its way out for a while cause it would idle funky every so often. Anyways thanks for the help everyone, now to chase those suspension rattles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts