TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 XR7 4.6 i had put a low mileage (9k miles) used tranny in the cat a while back. Everything was fine, no slipage, great shifts, no noise. Basically better than when i got the car. anyhow it just started doing something strange. It's started holding the gears a little long basically have to stutter it to get it to shift when in town. (have to blip the throttle) acts like the old C-4s when there was a vacumn leak. I did a quick ear and eyeball check of the engine compartment. no obivious leaks, hisses or disconnected hoses. Car runs good otherwise and shifts fine when accelerating up to higway speeds.
One other thing the car is mostly driven very short trips lately (past 4 weeks) as the boy is on a restricted license till sept 30. School is 2.5 miles away from home, work is less than a mile from home. Girl friends house is about 1.5 miles away (when she is allowed out) so all trips are very short and the local temps have been in the low 90's and most of the driving has been below 45 MPH and in stop and go traffic.
Any suggestions before something bad happens?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts