TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
LOL he is selling it for 10g more then the original sticker price.

Zero

·
Registered
410 Posts
That guy is absolutely nuts. Its a very nice car but plese.....35K? He wont get that at Barrett Jackson either. I bet it wouldnt go for more that 20K. idiot!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well I think of it this way. Look at the condition, look at the age and look at the miles. Mind you 35k may be a little over the top but it's us the Thunderbird buyers who set a market price. By us selling all of the rare ones off cheap we are only hurting the market.

I mean come on think about all the 71 Dodge chargers that were made now think about all the crap ones that are on the market selling for way more then they are worth just to own a classic muscle car. Now ask your self how much would a factory 426Hemi 71 Dodge charger 4 speed car be worth with one owner and 12k miles at Barrett-Jackson in the condition of that car in today’s market?

That’s not the kind of car you buy to drive, that’s the kind of car you buy and save and in 19 years sell at Barrett-Jackson for the price of a house over looking the San Francisco bay

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Barrett-Jackson might not even take it if they think its not gonna sell well for them to make $$$ off commission.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Think about the price of a mid 90s Impala ss if you add up the years think about how many were made and how many are still on the road. Now think about the price they sell for and ask your self why can't a Thunderbird be worth just as much or more I'll tell you why simply because we don't ask it.....

If every Thunderbird on the market today's price would go up 10 fold people would pay it just to have one.

It's not the market that marks are cars worth crap it's that we think are cars are worth crap and don't ask more.

·
Registered
385 Posts
watch out how you talk about these guys they maybe misinformed members or someone who is just testing the waters and doesnt want to just give it away because he or she does see the beauty of these cars. But anyway they could be a member and we dont want to offend them.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
watch out how you talk about these guys they maybe misinformed members or someone who is just testing the waters and doesnt want to just give it away because he or she does see the beauty of these cars. But anyway they could be a member and we dont want to offend them.
Sometimes the truth hurts a bit...
JL

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sometimes the truth hurts a bit...
JL
very true just wanted everyone to be careful, So we dint have a flaming begin thats it I also talked to the guy wth the 95 ad let him know it was a little steap he said he didnt realy want to sell itand he wouldnt let it go for any less than 4500. Its understandable because he sounds like he likes the car alot, I just dont know why he would sell it though. Notreally my business though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts