1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
17,160 Posts
That's a shame but not surprising. I remember a time where every modded car on this site had a set of those. I liked his designs and the quality was pretty damn good on the ones I personally saw, but the laminated construction left some pretty notable compromises, like dark/ hard to read warning lights, uneven illumination, and especially noticible were the white face versions with the illumination outline around the text - which was done because the black layer was totally opaque, not tinted translucent like OEM whiteface gauges (or the NRs)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a shame but not surprising. I remember a time where every modded car on this site had a set of those. I liked his designs and the quality was pretty damn good on the ones I personally saw, but the laminated construction left some pretty notable compromises, like dark/ hard to read warning lights, uneven illumination, and especially noticible were the white face versions with the illumination outline around the text - which was done because the black layer was totally opaque, not tinted translucent like OEM whiteface gauges (or the NRs)
Yeah, the black faced gauges do have a much crisper look to them, one of the reasons I'm replacing the original Scott's gauges Traveler put in while he owned the GTBird with the black face ones I got.

·
The Parts Guy
7,342 Posts
When the market dwindles down to the point that you're selling to only a few people a year, it's difficult to justify the time spent producing, and then marketing, a niche product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts