·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
52 Posts
ouch.

That "Trooper" was a Sidekick, however...

·
Registered
676 Posts
hell yes! our cars are strong...

TBIRD -1 Trooper - 0

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Josh said:

TBIRD -1 Trooper - 0
ha ha, at least the bird didn't lose it's shoe, good thing everybody was okay though.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Ain't that some sh*t..

There's a big reason I like sitting on all that weight in an MN-12.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
these cars r pretty strong against a frontal impact, they dont do so well on a side impact.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Damn that sidekick got f**ked up! My friend has a stupid trooper (i know its a sidekick, same thing) that he put a 10 inch lift on, i wanna plow into that thing and make it roll, its sooooo ugly, well and hes not my friend, i hate him. Dont really know why i said friend lol :D

Anyways, gotta love the Thundertank....errrr i mean bird

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
wilson502 said:
they dont do so well on a side impact.
I'm not 100% sure about that one... I've heard of a few side impacts that could have turned out much worse. One in particular is someone that posted here... He was hit broadside, drivers side, by a drunk doing about 60... While he didn't exactly walk away, he did live and is recovering/has recovered. That's a whole bunch more than you can say for some ricebox...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
that and most 2 door cars with "long" doors don't do so hot on side impact, thats a pretty good distance to cover with only 2 supports.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
explain why the F-body does so much better than our cars (comparing 97 tbird, to a 97 fbody in side impact)? Better design? Fbodys i believe have fiberglass doors.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
probably because the f body is a newer platform created in the early nineties, the mn12 platform was designed in the mid to late 1980's, that was a time when there was not to much emphasis on side impact safety, if at all, i mean come on, you are comparing apples to orange here, you think it would be fair to compare a car from the early to mid nineties to a comparable 2004 car? i don't think so, standards have changed, manufactures have to keep on top of the safety standards in order to keep selling thier product, and those standards change every now and then. mmkay, later'z......:D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I sideswiped a very immoveable tree with the drivers side of my 85 Z-28 and walked away from it. I know the doors weren't fiberglass in 85! I had to get out through the T-tops! got pics here somewhere, I'll post them soon.

Oh yea, and about the dibs. You are all a bunch of vultures! :D:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts