TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 94 4.6 V8 Cougar XR7. I think it would look good with American Racing Ansen Sprint wheels. I know I have to swap out the hubs from 4.25 to 4.5, but I don't know if the Sprint rims will even fit. I want to put 15x7 Sprints on it all the way around unless I can fit 15x8s on the back. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Here's the link to the AR page for the wheels I'm talking about with the specs:

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=170&name=Ansen® Sprint&style=A69&desc=1-piece machined alloy, polished&section=V

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
they are nice, personlly i think they are a little too old school for a cat of there generation

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Theyll fit fine, there are lotsa guys on here running 17x9 and 18x9 with no issues.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wondering if I'll have any rub issues or if they'll tuck in the wells properly because they're deep dish rims, I don't want them sticking out making me look like a goon. Thanks again.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Eric Z. said:
If they are 0 offset like the website says, I would think they wouldnt fit very well.

oops i didnt read that part.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anybody have any suggestions as to some 15 inch old school rims, since the sprints are out. I'm big into that kind of stuff, I was never a fan of the 20 inch dubs and all that horse**** or the import looking rims. I'm about to just say **** it and rock some steelies.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
torque thrust 2's

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Well, they're not 15" rims, but some Mach 1 style wheels would probably look good on there. They are supposed to look like the old magnum 500 wheels but are 17". I'm not sure where you can get them in 5 x 4.25 though.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
XR7-4.6 said:
it could be cool if the old school magnum 500 fits too, i always thought the new mack 1 wheels look too plain
Isn't it wheel vintiques or something that makes new magnum 500 wheels in 17"? Nut sure if they make 15" that would fit. They'll probably all be in 5 x 4.5 if you find them anyways, although you could do the hub swap.

-Rob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I plan on doing the hub swap when I need new brakes (estimated by summer time) which is also when I plan on getting new tires, so I'm looking for wheels with the 4.5 bolt circle. These are all good ideas, I especially like the mag 500s because I love the old 60's mustangs, does anyone know where I can get some size specs on all of this stuff. I think I'm going to need some positive offset to get them to fit properly, do they make all those wheels with offsets? I'm winging it here so anybody with the knowledge, step forward.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Most of the billet wheel options won't give you the lip you see in those links. It takes a certain type of barrel AND Center section to get the monster lip that is portrayed in those pics. Like this one for instance.

I have loads of other pics of this setup as well...Not many billet centers have the type that curves inside the barrel helping achieve that monster lip.

Brad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts