TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow! :eek:

This happened on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013. He survived the crash with no injuries, dirty underwear and obviously, he was quite shaken up.

Turn your speakers up and listen for the explosion. They did a great job capturing the audio on this. Check out the damage to the wall in the second video.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xMwp1aLcJuY?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kLdMIydTQjo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
LOL

I do that to piss off the people who check the forum from their smart phones.

Ok, resized to 853 x 480 from 1280 x 720. I won't go smaller than that. Get yourself a real monitor or quit checking the forum from your PDA/Smart phone. :tongue:

My monitor is "only" 24" or 1920 x 1200 resolution.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
LOL

I do that to piss off the people who check the forum from their smart phones.

Ok, resized to 853 x 480. I won't go smaller than that. Get yourself a real monitor. :tongue:

:D :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL

As much ceramic as you're putting into that car it would've been cheaper to buy a kiln and make your own.

Anyway, I didn't know you were going to go with ceramic wheel bearings too ...

What else is going to be or already is ceramic? What does the full list look like?

·
&#775;
3,701 Posts
Thanks for the vid TM..That's a testament to the safety equipment that has evolved through the years..
Making it virtually impossible for these drivers to be seriously injured in a wreck..

I don't usually have a problem with your Video Sizes..My internet speed has the biggest effect on how long they take to load.. :eek:

Rayo..

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Thanks for the vid TM..That's a testament to the safety equipment that has evolved through the years..
Making it virtually impossible for these drivers to be seriously injured in a wreck..

I don't usually have a problem with your Video Sizes..My internet speed has the biggest effect on how long they take to load.. :eek:

Rayo..
sadly, accidents to guys like Blaine Johnson and Darrell Gwynn have been the consequence example for making incredible inprovements.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
sadly, accidents to guys like Blaine Johnson and Darrell Gwynn have been the consequence example for making incredible inprovements.
Very true , I remember Darrell's crash well.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Thats a crazy crash, really says alot about safety when people survive wrecks at 300mph.

As far as the computer monitor thing goes, 1280x720 is 1997 CRT resolution. 1080p monitors are hitting the $100 price point now. My LG 27" 1080p monitor only cost me $199. What are you guys running? 800x600 on Windows 95? Are your computers older than your MN12s? Inquiring minds want to know. Even cell phone screens now are hitting 1280x720... :tongue:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Man that's crazy...what old computers are you all running..I have 2560x1600 pc and 1080p on my cell phone.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Very true , I remember Darrell's crash well.

a very good friend worked for Darrell when Mike Dunn drove for him. I got to spend a lot of time in the shop in Davie and got to go to a few races.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
can't. saving up for Ceramic wheel bearings------won't pay for themselves :D
FYI:

Ceramic IMRC bearings did not survive my great nephew popping them open and snapping them closed a few hundred times, "Playing with them".
(He lives, and is uninjured. :) )

Great thing to find out before installation. :thumbsup:

I am rethinking my application... :)

YMMV, but I felt obligated to share.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
My computer setup for most stuff is an Eyefinity 3x 1920x1200 24" monitors side by side setup.

I've been browsing on my TV pc lately; it's 1080p plasma.

Crysis2 in 3dHD on my plasma requires seatbelts on my chair, it's so real.

I ran that last weekend on my new x3970 6-core 'puter with 2x 7970's in crossfire.

It was really nice, until I had to get up and walk...

Need for speed can be too visceral on a big monitor; your buddies will laugh at you for flinching hard when you hit a truck at 200+, lol.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
My computer setup for most stuff is an Eyefinity 3x 1920x1200 24" monitors side by side setup.

I've been browsing on my TV pc lately; it's 1080p plasma.

Crysis2 in 3dHD on my plasma requires seatbelts on my chair, it's so real.

I ran that last weekend on my new x3970 6-core 'puter with 2x 7970's in crossfire.

It was really nice, until I had to get up and walk...

Need for speed can be too visceral on a big monitor; your buddies will laugh at you for flinching hard when you hit a truck at 200+, lol.
Thats really awesome. I feel that way with just my 27" 1080p monitor, couldnt imagine having three of them. Color me pretty jelly. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Thats really awesome. I feel that way with just my 27" 1080p monitor, couldnt imagine having three of them. Color me pretty jelly. :)
Complete thread hijack, but I played Crysis 3 in full 3D saturday night on my 80" plasma. with the recliner ~5ft from the tv, lol.

Not for the faint-of-heart, believe me!

/end hijack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts