TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day the alternator on my Cougar died on me. I believed this because when I did the unhook the battery while running test the car died. So I removed the alernator and brought it to my local "Advance Auto Parts" to have it tested so I knew for sure before shelling out $150.00 for a new one.
When I get there I bring it to the guy at the counter and tell him that i need to have my alternator tested......His reply "why?". I told him i'd give him one guess "why?" He starts pissing and moaning about how he "doesn't feel like it" and he "doesn't want to" test it. I asked him if there's anyone else that is willing to do it.....His reply "noone wants to do it".
After a little while i convinced him to test the alternator he starts playing around with the machine and it soon became evident that he had no idea what he was doing (guess i found out why he didn't feel like it).
Anyways........What kind of dumb people work at "Advance Auto Parts"? I've never dealt with such an idiot!! I guess I could start going back to Auto Zone......I need to brush up on my Espanol.:D........Uno Cerveza por favor.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell Yeah!! I could go on and on about this jacka$$ but i tried to keep things short....

Eric

....Keep in mind that it was like -20 degrees that day and i was stuck working on the car outside......Not happy in the first place.....To be honest i wanted to jump over the counter and punch the guy square in the face......at least know how to use the fuggin' equipment....Eh?!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
The only time most lowly paid part jockey's give a crap what you think of them is when your PO'd enough to rip their manager a new a-hole about the incompetent arrogant excuse for service you've gotten from them... then they back peddle and start sucking a$$.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Southpaw said:
The only time most lowly paid part jockey's gives a crap what you think of them is when you get PO'd enough to rip their manager a new a-hole about the incompetent arrogant excuse for service you've gotten...
I think he might have BEEN the manager! I called up the corporate offices to file a complaint but i just got passed from phone to phone until i ended up on hold for about an hour......I called back a few times but i eventually gave up....I guess there's the local Napa....could try them....

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i've always dealt with autozone, or pepboys.. i like them. never advance auto. buncha a$$holes.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hmm I have always liked the Advanced Auto up by school. The guys in there were older and knew what they were talking about most of the time.

-Miller

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
here is the opposite most of the autozone guys are idiots and in one store I swear they ignore certain races of people

advance is the shiznit here better warranties everything

one autozone I use here only if certain people are working

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
The O'Reillys by me is very good, ive never had to complain about anything, although i do have somthing to ***** about when it comes to Autozone right next door to the Oreillys.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
the Murray's Auto Parts by me is a very well conducted store. The "parts" counter is usually ran by older guys who need a part time job after retirement and have a head on their shoulders. Only the kids work the register.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
thats why i go to the mom and pop shop down the street. They have THE greatest prices and they can get the part in 2-4 hours max.

I needed a motor mount and a MAF sensor and not only were thier prices 20-30 bucks cheaper but they can get it in 3 hours and not 3 weeks lol. they even sell mercon v fluid there for 2.55 a quart.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I try to use NAPA for everything. Maybe a bit more expensive but I've never had a problem. Autozone and Advance parts just don't last for me.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I use to work for them. I enjoyed the company until they decided to have at least one of each minority at every store (around here anyway). They were forced to have a female manager, at least one hispanic and one african american in each store. Now, before I get flammed, there is no problem with that, at all, but the stores around here just hired anyone. The store I worked at here in Lexington was great to go to and had many returning customer til all this. I went in there the other day to get a PCV valve, I used the computer that was facing the store (the one for customers to use) looked up the part number, stood in line and told the new manager that I need this part number, she replied what type of car, I said 95 T-bird with the 4.6 V8. After she spent some time trying to find out why there was no 4.6 Pontiac Firebird I turned around and left. The company just has poor leadership, they no longer hire the right people just...well...anyone.

·
Registered
789 Posts
edit: context mistook

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use autozone just for the rewards program! :D

I think they hate me, Ever since I have started building the motor, I have just been collecting rewards!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I used to work for advance. I got tired of teaching the dumbass managers what to do, so i found a better job. I didnt complain about going out and testing stuff, it was cool getting out there and looking at the vehicle and bullcrappin with the customer. To figure out who to talk to, everyone was color coded.

White shirt=manager
Red/white=parts pro
red=counter

1 - 20 of 46 Posts