TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally going to buy a tranny tomorrow. Found one with 52k for 400 dollars out of a 02 Marq. Just wondering before i buy it what the differences are if any between the part number 1W7P-AA and 1W7P-BA and if there is a preference on what one I should go with. Thanks.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! Thanks a million there Buck. Golly-gee! So glad I ave YOU lookin out for me.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If looking out for me is a full time job then what do you do for a living? Your'e not makin any money off me lol! It's ok Buck, I appreciate you putting up that website again anyway. I can take the critisism. I picked up that tranny today so let me pick your brain if you dont mind. I'm ordering a NEW TCC solenoid for the 95 Bird. Anything else you think I should pick up for it? I have to use all of my existing exterior sensors correct? Change the tailshaft drive shaft seal. More bashing is expected to come.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Had to rattle your chain a tad just to maintain my rep.

See what the Gurus say but new as that thing is it does'nt need much IMO:

- I'd do an Air to Fluid Cooler & delete Rad Cooler of course
- New MLPS if yours has some years on it
- Did you get an 11 Inch Police TC with it or a 12 inch 2002 tc__?
- Better TC would be nice but but Geez either one is a 2002 so__?
- IF you needed a TC it would only make sense to go to a new 11 Inch, & new Flexplate of course so_____?
- Hell I changed out my O2's while I was down there because it sure would be hell with Tranny in place.
- Check out your EGR while you have Tranny off maybe __?
- Nice time to do Fuel Pump?
- Just trying to help spend your money....

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good lookin out there Buck. I think it may be the 12 inch converter in it. Its not a HPP tranny or a police of course. I measured the converter from edge to edge and it was 12. Stud to opposite stud is 11.25. Good thought on the fuel pump. Have the EGR valve deleted because it was hitting the bottom of my cobra hood when I tried to close it. I did order the 1-3 ohm TCC solenoid last night. I had the tune made from Lonnie before this tranny swap and was wondering if I would need to have it retuned or would it be ok? Thanks Buck.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Get a Guru to confirm but I could swear I remember my 11 inch Stock TC & new 11 Inch DD TC being like 12 inches gross OD so ...?? - Seems like 11 Inch referred to the Guts or Rotor or something ?

This was Killer Thread on TC ID's

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=132344

& I thought the BA Tranny code WAS Police but I may have misread the P71 site - The older Police Tranny's had a 12 Inch but 2002 aint old so____?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Its the prize in the bottom of your cerial box, they block the dipstick hole with that from the factory upon installing the dipstick tube it falls into the pan. It can be discarded

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool thanks. I took out the oss as well to look at the color of the gear. Couldnt see the one inside the tailshaft and the oss itself had a green gear on it. If you look right beside the tcc solenoid, a tab on the circuit board has been bent down. I found another piece of a tab inside the pan. Theres no dent on the pan at that point. Makes me think someone has been in it. Who knows. All in all it looks pretty good inside from what I can see. Is there like a spring and cylinder kit I should get for the two acumulators? I hear those like to go bad and I would like to firm up the shifts a little. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
www.sonnax.com

Magnet & Pan scum look totally normal for a 56K Pan to me - Yellow thing tells us it's never been serviced but that would'nt hurt it at 56K - Much beyond that would be not so good but 56K in a MQ no prob IMO.

Still wondering what size TC you bought?

Is there like a spring and cylinder kit I should get for the two acumulators? I hear those like to go bad and I would like to firm up the shifts a little. Thanks guys.
That thing is light years ahead of your 95 4r70W - 2002 already HAS the JMOD for all intents & purposes - & the 1-2 & 2-3 Accumulator there are NOT the problematic ones & the Main VB setup there for under 300HP is darn decent .

- But certainly improvements can be made via one of our wonderful on site Vendors via parts fm - http://www.sonnax.com/ & others

- Hell... a Delrin O Ringed 2-3 Accumulator Piston & Violet 1-2 Spring just sounds cool - I've got one~!

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I had the tune made from Lonnie before this tranny swap and was wondering if I would need to have it retuned or would it be ok?
Depending on your level of jmod, he may have done changes to the tranny that might affect drivability. You might ask; make sure to tell him what level of jmod you have.

RobertP, and DirtyDog sell the jmod kits; it's a lot easier than drilling tiny holes. :)

A stock 02 is modded about like a mild jmod on a 96, imho, when ran with a tune.

Without a tune, there's some strangeness about going into 4th under light throttle... :)

A jmodded 02, with a brown spring and mild plate settings tuned properly feels like a manual you can shift with one toe, lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this going in a 95 TBird with 95 EEC/trans wiring? If so the connector going to the sol. pack has different pinouts. This change is from the 97 to 98 4R70W model.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So it sounds like this tranny is basically ready to go for my setup. Thanks guys. Dont plan on doing much more to the motor anyway. Just want it driveable. Work on it comences today. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully I wont be bugging the crap out of you guys anymore before too long.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
P71 says Converters lost the drain plug in 01 - 02

Converters lost the drain plug in 01, Alan
- So this is 2002 TC ?

- There's a PN on that thing somewjere _________?

- Could be the pic but I'm not liking the finish on TC spindle - check w/Gurus.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only numbers I could find were 80A090700 on the front and it had an A G on the back by the shaft. Since you made mention of the shaft there Buck I ran my finger nail up and down it and didnt feel any grooves at all. Its nice and smooth. SInce they lost the drain plugs in 01 I guess it could be an early 01 or a 2000? May have to send DD a message and see if he cant diagnose this thing. On the P71 chart it only mentions the HPP and the police pkg having the 11.25 converter for that year. Dont have a clue.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
P71 says they lost Plug in 2001-2002 on differing models

Well good then it's just the pic

- That looks like Ford TC PN - There's gotta be somewhere you can cross that over & see what it's from / for but it very well may be fm 2002 MQ just like you thought.

& P71 says they lost Plug in 2001-2002 on differing models.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts