TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a prestone backflush kit sittin in the garage. But the deflector tube aint gonna fit where our coolant fill cap is. In any case, are there any good kit for cars? (mine is a 94 v8)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I remove one of the heater hoses on the intake (97 4.6) & put a hose user pressure in it till the water comming out the petcock (radiator drain plug) runs clean. This throughly cleans the entire engine and heater core and it costs nothing and is easy to do.

W.Cup

·
8,239 Posts
I do the heater hose trick also, with a regular garden hose.

Also, after the radiator comes out all water, I like to run some prestone superradiator cleaner in there, then i dump it and put in

50/50 Prestone/Distilled watter, and a bottle of waterwetter.

Justin

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
If you live in the south, you can run 80% water for better performance. You need some antifreeze because it helps slow/stop electrolysis. However the other 30% is used to lower the freezing temp, which you don't need.

·
Registered
621 Posts
GreenBird said:
If you live in the south, you can run 80% water for better performance. You need some antifreeze because it helps slow/stop electrolysis. However the other 30% is used to lower the freezing temp, which you don't need.
Yes, you can also add some Water Wetter in there, which will definately help with the battery effect also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts