TCCoA Forums banner

any good junkyards around here?

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  FordPartsCounter 
#1 ·
a buddy of mine at work is looking for an aluminum rim for his truck and was wondering if there are any good junkyards around. so can anyone help me point him in the right direction?

#2 ·
FordFanatic said:
a buddy of mine at work is looking for an aluminum rim for his truck and was wondering if there are any good junkyards around. so can anyone help me point him in the right direction?
there are like 4 in Jacksonville that have d@mn near everything.... If you need the names/numbers...shoot me a PM and I'll get 'em to you ASAP.

Yer Daddy

#11 · (Edited)
I called the LKQ in Garner when I was transmission shopping and they told me they don't sell to the public, only shops and stuff. That may have just been that shop. There is a big u-pull-it place down between Sanford and Charlotte somewhere a friend was telling me about. I find out the name later.

There's one here in Raleigh called T&T, it was a u-pull-it, not sure if it still is but they had a handful of Tbird turbocoupes and fox body stangs. I got some parts there and they were good.

Also, City Auto Salvage in Durham was good. I got my tranny there, 99 Crown Vic with 60k miles for $225. Not a bad deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.